Don't you mean "Daisy Parton?"
- Pull up a 14-day tick chart (gip) of the S&P please. 984ish is triple bottom support. If we breach it, it'll will become our new resistance.
- Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
- The Dow Jones is outperforming both the S's and N's (as a function of the industrial weighting). If you're trading the ETF's, the DIA might be a good relative hedge vs. the QQQ or SPY.
- If the VIX (VXN) were a chart, would you buy it or sell it?
- Congrat's Pepe! A beautiful bouncing baby girl!
- November 12.
- The Wall Street Journal reports the U.S. may call up the National Guard as the uprising in Iraq worsens. According to the article, about 10,000 soldiers might be headed to Iraq this winter. Does this raise the hairs on the back of anybody else's neck?
- The lifespan of a squirrel is about nine years.
- Boo's developed a twitch. Can you blame him?
- When is the last time there was fear in the market? (fear of missing doesn't count)
- The OSX has perked up (finally)...but will it last?
- We're seeing a rotation into specialty healthcare today.
- There's a lot of "ho humming" about Freddie Mac (FRE:NYSE) and Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE). Enron didn't matter either...until it did.
- If (big if) the S&P can't turn higher, it'll put in a double top that would make Dolly Parton proud.
- XBD 550 is support for the brokers.
- I keep hearing about how nobody believes in the rally yet...but all the sentiment figures indicate that EVERYONE believes.
- The Puppies (PPH) hold the point & figure breakout (so far).
- I don't think I've ever sneezed just once.
- Cheesecake is overrated. Soufflés are underrated. And I have no idea where flan came from.
- Just a heads up: I've got meetings for the better part of tomorrow afternoon. I'll post if I can, but duty calls.
- Philly Fed 8.3 vs. estimate of 7.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter