By Todd Harrison Jul 16, 2004 2:39 pm
He shoots...HE SCORES!
- This is exactly the type of thing that got Clinton in trouble.
- Despite Int'l Business Machines (IBM:NYSE) and Dell (DELL:NASD), the aggregate earnings for the week have to be considered a bummer (vs. expectations).
- The jacket worn by the actor who played Professor Marvel in the film The Wizard of Oz was found in a second-hand shop. Its original owner was L. Frank Baum, the author of The Wizard of Oz book.
- The chance of a "pin" increases if the open interest is outsized relative to the average daily volume of the underlying security.
- 3M (MMM:NYSE), Delta (DAL:NYSE), Mattel (MAT:NYSE), Allstate (ALL:NYSE) and Kraft (KFT:NYSE) highlight Monday's earnings parade.
- The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- A break below S&P 1100 will freak alotta folks out.
- Don't be cruel to a critter you fool. (think Elvis)
- Big unit to the Yanks?
- Minyan George Hill response to today's trivia: It was a cold rain when me and my uncle went down the big river to visit a brown eyed woman as she's a friend of the devil and whenever it looks like rain we take an Alabama getaway to the promised land. But by this estimated prophet you must choose the other one before he's gone, gone truckin to shakedown street, because he will not fade away to a broken-down palace, around and around we go, but I always come back to Uncle John's Band, and that would be my guess.
- This is a slump--even for the Red SOX.
- The energy patch continues to hum.
- Sprint is in here, Sprint is in there...
- Pin Risk.
- This is the first time in Minyanville history we tripled dipped the Random Shtick.
- Peanut butter jelly time.
- Most of the successful people I know have learned to view obstacles as opportunities.
- A buddy of mine just called and when Fester answered the phone and asked who it was, my pal said "Jerry Rice." Fester then said "Sorry, you've got the wrong number" and hung up. Oy.
- Professor Succo is up to his eyes in expiration.
- Minyanville is a philanthropic community and, as such, I think we should all chip in for a new walker for grandpa Neil Glassman.
- The biggest leg of a decline (rally) occurs when the market is oversold (overbought).
- One of the smartest fund managers I know offered that "we're definitely oversold," but things in tech are "very, very bad." He further opined that the disconnect between tech fundamentals and GDP are the "biggest disconnect of his career."
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter