Randoms for a Freaky Friday
One more session, Minyans, let's make it count!
- I wonder if I can legally change my name to Sisyphus?
- If I told you one month ago that Merrill (MER:NYSE) was trading at $49, Intel (INTC:NASD) at $23, Citi (C:NYSE) at $44 and Kla-Tencor (KLAC:NASD) at $40, what level would you guess the S&P would be at?
- Int'l Business Machines (IBM:NYSE) a little light on the revenue side (services) and bookings. Software was also a tad, uh, soft although they "believe analyst estimates for the full year are reasonable."
- AMG data reported equity outflows of $170 beans.
- Doesn't the China frenzy seem like a very long time ago?
- Rich Gula, who headed the technical research department at Fido and Putnam, is planning a special presentation for Minyans in the Mountains.
- I've never penned an entire day of Random Thoughts. Hmm...
- Earth Wind & Fire wasn't too shabby either...but Kool & the Gang trumps 'em.
- Dell (DELL:NASD) caught the bears looking the wrong way and pre-announced to the upside this morning. That'll leave a mark.
- Samsung raised semiconductor capital expenditure (CAPEX) forecasts roughly 12% ($500MM) last night.
- What if this is as good as it gets?
- November 18th.
- The OSX broke through many resistance barriers yesterday. That said, and while I continue to feel that energy names recapture the highest weighting in the S&P, please understand that a lot of technology traders are now buying this group because it's a 'hot' sector. That sometimes muddies the landscape so please be sure to define your horizon before initiating risk.
- Nice work Fleck.
- I didn't know Hoofy loved horses?
- S&P 1100-1102 is becoming increasingly important as a technical backstop.
- Frustration leads to sloppy trading.
- I've gotta make a two day turnaround to the left coast in a few weeks.
- The F-Troop shuffle.
- The Rat Dog show in '95 was actually the night before Jerry passed. Minyan Stoler was there with me and confirmed the date.
- Wanna earn while ya learn and get on board the critter express? Minyanville is always on the lookout for Ambassadors to share our journey with. For more information, please give us a ping and we'll walk you through the dets.
- The Wolverine confidence number is due out at 9:50 am (exp. 97).
- Fixed income (and the pre-market futes) have caught a bid on the heels of CPI data. I, for one, am bemused by the constant massaging done by the BLS. If they were a spa, they'd be coining it...
- Is anybody expecting a rally on a sleepy summer Friday or are traders caught long and awaiting a bounce?
- Wasabi Adam Brodsky. How's breakfast?
- Test and go?
- You're doing a great job Collins--why don't you take the next two days off?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter