By Todd Harrison Jul 16, 2003 11:10 am
I've got a lot of pent up aggression!
- Last night after Intel (INTC:NASD), the S&P's were only up three to five handles. That, to me, indicated supply in the marketplace (as Sammy discussed this morning).
- The banks filled their gap at BKX 895.
- The PPH (Pharma holders) are sitting on the point & figure breakout (79-80) and the 50-day moving average (as well as being close to a stochastic buy signal). I'm using some defined risk upside calls in this product to hedge my short side exposure. So you know and if ya care! (note: the OIH retested it's point and figure breakout last week and melted right through it).
- Just remember....you're a Minyan!
- Pin risk galore out there--watch INTC 25, Amgen (AMGN:NASD) 70, Citigroup (C:NYSE) 45..ect.
- I'm getting old....I didn't recognize a lot of the MLB All-Stars last night. Those kids!
- How many times have you spent a night bummin' that you were gonna take a beating the next day only to make money once the market opened? Negative energy is wasted energy, Tommy, so put the brownies back and trade with some mojo!
- There's a rumor of an asset allocation OUT of stocks and into bonds. So...be careful if you're using fixed income as a tell.
- HE'S a eunuch!
- I have nothing against Elmer as a person...I just think he's digging our country into a hole that will take a generation to climb out of.
- NDX 1250-1265 is the breakout level (support) for tech. NDX 1280 filled the gap from Monday's opening.
- I have a feeling that this Minyanville event (announced Friday or Monday) is gonna be uber-juicy.
- Breadth 2:1 negative in both complexes (so far).
- Wine will spoil if exposed to light, hence the tinted bottles.
- Minyan Quiz: What's the most widely eaten fish in the world? The first right answer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will get their choice of a kick ass Minyanville tee. Good luck!
- Yes, I count this as "later in the week."
- I watched the new Don Henley DVD last night...he's very good.
- Hmm...the 20 day moving average is crossing over the 30 day moving average (down). This is the first time it's happened since March 19th....when they crossed up.
- Where's Michael Keaton been?
- Phoebe just keeps getting bigger...and bigger...and bigger.
- For those of you keeping track, the Minx/Jinx (NASDAQ/Nikkei circa 93) relationship is holding true. What did the Jinx do at her corresponding juncture? Babaloo Lucy...
- Hope springs eternal...and you can be sure that the bull camp will not go down without a fight. In other words, the first dip won't scare 'em...but the fifth one likely will.
- Put....the candle....back!
position in intc, pph, amgn
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter