I've got a lot of pent up aggression!
- Last night after Intel (INTC:NASD), the S&P's were only up three to five handles. That, to me, indicated supply in the marketplace (as Sammy discussed this morning).
- The banks filled their gap at BKX 895.
- The PPH (Pharma holders) are sitting on the point & figure breakout (79-80) and the 50-day moving average (as well as being close to a stochastic buy signal). I'm using some defined risk upside calls in this product to hedge my short side exposure. So you know and if ya care! (note: the OIH retested it's point and figure breakout last week and melted right through it).
- Just remember....you're a Minyan!
- Pin risk galore out there--watch INTC 25, Amgen (AMGN:NASD) 70, Citigroup (C:NYSE) 45..ect.
- I'm getting old....I didn't recognize a lot of the MLB All-Stars last night. Those kids!
- How many times have you spent a night bummin' that you were gonna take a beating the next day only to make money once the market opened? Negative energy is wasted energy, Tommy, so put the brownies back and trade with some mojo!
- There's a rumor of an asset allocation OUT of stocks and into bonds. So...be careful if you're using fixed income as a tell.
- HE'S a eunuch!
- I have nothing against Elmer as a person...I just think he's digging our country into a hole that will take a generation to climb out of.
- NDX 1250-1265 is the breakout level (support) for tech. NDX 1280 filled the gap from Monday's opening.
- I have a feeling that this Minyanville event (announced Friday or Monday) is gonna be uber-juicy.
- Breadth 2:1 negative in both complexes (so far).
- Wine will spoil if exposed to light, hence the tinted bottles.
- Minyan Quiz: What's the most widely eaten fish in the world? The first right answer sent to email@example.com will get their choice of a kick ass Minyanville tee. Good luck!
- Yes, I count this as "later in the week."
- I watched the new Don Henley DVD last night...he's very good.
- Hmm...the 20 day moving average is crossing over the 30 day moving average (down). This is the first time it's happened since March 19th....when they crossed up.
- Where's Michael Keaton been?
- Phoebe just keeps getting bigger...and bigger...and bigger.
- For those of you keeping track, the Minx/Jinx (NASDAQ/Nikkei circa 93) relationship is holding true. What did the Jinx do at her corresponding juncture? Babaloo Lucy...
- Hope springs eternal...and you can be sure that the bull camp will not go down without a fight. In other words, the first dip won't scare 'em...but the fifth one likely will.
- Put....the candle....back!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter