There's nothing wrong with a little sushi on OUR time, Mr. Hand
- Trade to win...never trade "not to lose"
- With a bevy of upgrades heading into earnings, it seems as if everybody "knows" that Intel (INTC:NASD) will sound alright tonight. The zillion dollar question is whether it self-fulfills the gap (to 27) or is Yahoo'd (YHOO:NASD) on the news.
- Gold continues to struggle at the $350 level.
- It's nice to see Drew Barrymore find success as an adult actress.
- Fokker's favorite movie? Cocoon, naturally.
- I'm getting "hit up" a lot on the constructive charts in some of the retailers.
- The BKX, Citigroup (C:NYSE), GS (GS:NYSE) all have the same charts--big gaps below.
- My brother Adam just swung by for lunch...what a nice surprise. What are we gonna eat? Maybe some grilled Elmer!
- Breadth is starting to take a turn for the worse.
- Spam stands for Shoulder Pork and hAM.
- Commercial hedgers (who caught the lion's share of the rally) are now net short.
- I just had a vision--Elmer (clown nose and all) juggling chainsaws, bowling pins and fire. As time passes, more and more objects are tossed in the air as he furiously tries to keep 'em up.
- Hint: Saturday Night Live.
- Expiration typically skews the put/call ratio.
- Factor potential pink risk into your strategy if you're an active trader. For instance, see how Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) is drawn to 70.
- The underlying bid to the tape has been constant and impressive. That's bullish--until it's very bearish (trapped bulls).
- In South Africa, termites are roasted and eaten by the handful.
- Feel better Tony...bad backs are bad news.
- Minyan Trivia: What was the first man made object to break the sound barrier? The first winning answer sent to email@example.com wins their choice of a spankin' new Minyanville tee!
- Were some of the first quarter's tech earnings helped along by pent up demand (due to war)? We'll find out soon enough.
- The BBH (biotech holders) continue to act well after breaking out above 132.
- SushiTuesday...it's been a long time!
- "Economic history is a never-ending series of episodes based on falsehood and lies, not truths. It represents the path to big money. the object is to recognize the trend whose premise is false, ride that trend, and step off before it is discredited"--George Soros
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter