By Todd Harrison Jul 14, 2004 12:24 pm
Let my inspiration flow in token lines suggesting rhythm.
- "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company" --Mark Twain
- We knew earnings deceleration was coming but few seem ready for the actual slowdown.
- Immediately. Or shortly thereafter.
- Has anybody ever seen Debbie Downer and Andy Grove in the same room at the same time?
- From Phil Erlanger's always excellent morning missive: "The long-term for the NASDAQ 100 Squeezeometer remains at "rally in a downtrend." The intermediate-term for the NASDAQ 100 remains at "pullback in an uptrend" status. The intermediate-term for the S&P 500 remains at "downtrend" status. Finance is heavily shorted, so we want to watch this action closely."
- Professors Succo, Gula and I had a great conversation last night about the Minyanville mission. Most folks are conditioned to believe what they read, see or hear. And when they're wandering through the desert in search of guidance, they'll drink the sand if they don't know any better. We wanna be the Gatorade in that equation.
- Breadth has migrated to a 3:2 positive posture in the S's and a marginally green tint in the N's.
- Fleck has been all over the issues that plague Intel (INTC:NASD). Noice work Professor.
- Still hot for teacher.
- The longer the Minx shrugs off (isolates) Intel (INTC:NASD), the more folks will become emboldened.
- 40% of Americans do not go to the dentist. And you kiss your mother with that mouth?
- Talk about adding insult to injury!
- Cynthia Dietzmann of StreetAccount--welcome to Minyans in the Mountains!
- Apple (AAPL:NASD), Advanced Micro (AMD:NYSE), Q-Logic (QLGC:NASD) and Sandisk (SNDK:NASD) will step into tonight's spotlight. Citigroup (C:NYSE) will lead tomorrow's parade.
- Most of my primary stochastics have now pointed up. The exceptions, not surprisingly, are found in the metal and energy space.
- The (scrubbed down) PPI will be released tomorrow--we think--and should add some clarity to the pace of the stagflation race.
- Tie goes to the Minyan.
- Silver, up 3%, is trying to make a new high for the week.
- I'll have a linguini with white clam sauce and a coke with no ice. And the lady will have the same.
- How's today's tape? Segregated.
- The Iron Horse, for those askin', is travelin' today and tomorrow.
- Don't trade reactive.
- Thanks for taking the time to help out a fellow Minyan.
position in silver, c
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter