- Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) was indicated to release this morning will actually be reporting tomorrow morning.
- Most people don't ask questions while the market is rallying but I, for one, think that Elmer & Co. is short sighted and acting irresponsibly.
- Budget deficit, attention deficit...what's the difference!
- Gene Hackman is a tremendously gifted actor.
- If the Minx/Jinx relationship holds (our market following the path of the Nikkei), we'll make a marginally higher high on the S&P (doing that now?), sell off hard within the next couple weeks, grind back to retest (poke through) the highs once more and then melt away from there. Look at a chart of the Nikkei in the '90s and you'll see what I see.
- I've scaled into a few more fall puts in select tech and financials. I think there's a "gut check" coming (sooner rather than later) and while it may not be THE turn, it'll likely feel that way. Names of choice? Intel (INTC:NASD), Cisco (CSCO:NASD) and Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE). That doesn't mean it's right for you but it's what I'm thinkin'....fyi.
- Why WOULD you want a foggy idea?
- The constructive chart patterns that emerged last week tempered my bearish bent (for a trade). They didn't change my view, they simply caused me to adapt it. Big difference.
- In 1997, Michigan became the 16th state to allow the blind to hunt.
- When's the last time you've gone a full month without consuming alcohol?
- This tape has more gaps than a shopping mall. Keep half an eye peeled to NDX 1300 (this morning's gap) for possible fillage.
- Networking, despite it's green screen, trades relatively lethargic.
- A reader pinged me over the weekend freaking out over his exposure/positioning. If you're experiencing similar emotions, it sometimes helps to pare back (trade "in between") or set defined risk levels (via stops).
- Could they turn 'em (lower) today? Sure...they could do anything they want. With the financials this jiggy, however, it'll take a heckuva effort from Boo's crew.
- Beeks swings by tomorrow with the Empire Manufacturing (exp.20) and Advanced Retail Sales (exp. .4%, ex-autos .3%). We'll also hear from Elmer's zoo.
- I have strict stop orders (at my cost) on the intraday tries. That balances my put exposure and defines my (downside) risk at the same time.
- When will traders begin positioning in front of the massive unknowns this week?
- I think I've got the black lung, pop.
- Appreciate the potential for pin risk as we edge towards expiration. Remember, monitoring the open interest relative to the average daily volume (of the underlying) is sometimes helpful in identifying these situations.
- Is rumortrage gonna start heating up again?
- Wanna read a great book? Unstoppable, by Cynthia Kersey.
- The future is only a blink away. Appreciate the concept of time...it's the most valuable commodity.
- Another Rubyism: "What goes around, comes around."
- I think we can put a fork in Lionel...he's done.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter