By Todd Harrison Jul 13, 2004 11:38 am
- Home, home on the strange...
- Bring three and come for free! The first annual Minyans in the Mountains retreat is only six weeks away. Any Minyan that refers three paid attendees will be our gratis guest in Crested Butte. Boo would have it no other way!
- Is there anyone in the marketplace NOT keying off Mother Merrill (MER:NYSE)?
- Duuuuude...I see five circles!
- Not to be forgotten, Jumpin' Juniper (JNPR:NASD) reports tonight and will color tomorrow's telecom. Please note that the stock is dancing near the 200-day moving average ($22).
- Citigroup (C:NYSE) $44.86 is the '04 closing low.
- I'm flat silver again (don't blink).
- I, for one, can't wait to see Jackson Reamer.
- "I turned 21 in prison doing life without parole..."
- Cyclicals over consumers.
- Saut. Jeffrey Saut.
- It's IN the computer?
- Most of my primary stochastics (S&P, NDX, BKX, SOX) are offering buy signals. The risk is that they pretzel twist along the bottom just as they did last year along the top.
- Sprint is in here, Sprint is in there....
- More and more charts are starting to look like Mt. Crested Butte.
- There are just so many ways to go with this one that I don't know where to begin.
- Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to pay homage to July paper. May they be strong...may they survive...may they live to fight another day and not expire worthless on Friday.
- When in doubt, sit it out.
- Minyan Bryan McCormick offers that 128 S&P stocks are now lower than they were 250 trading days ago.
- The dollar continues to do work at the all-important DXY 88 level.
- I was walking through the streets of NYC last night--rain pouring down, sirens wailing, people rushing, moods bummin'--and had one of those moments of clarity. Get...the heck...out!
- Peter Ferriso.
- The Brian-Succo exchange this morning is the very essence of Minyanville. Provide insight and let ye faithful arrive at their own conclusions.
- Hey you in the back, with the corn rows, what do you wanna be when you grow up?
- Hoofy is staying long above yesterday's lows.
- At the beginning of the year, we spoke of the massively one sided view that the Minx would be well bid into the election (and the vulnerability associated with that). I was not--and am not--as sanguine as the rest of the crowd in that regard. I think the political infighting will get nastier and, while there is a fair amount of "fear mongering" in play, geopolitical risks do exist. As I said yesterday, I'm open-minded for a short-term pop (stochastics, credit spreads, pressy hedgies) but am staying VERY tight with any risk and will look for tactical shorts on rallies. Not advice--just thinking aloud.
position in c
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter