Need a jacket, Boo?
- The liquidity and tenor of the market is impressive--particularly in the face of the General Electric (GE:NYSE) lethargy.
- The S&P gap (from yesterday morning) "works" to 1002ish. The corresponding NDX gap is from 1286-1295.
- Remember the name Gregory Thielmann
- If there are any Minyans who know an attorney near southeast London who knows about the health and social care systems, please let me know.
- Bank of America (BAC:NYSE), Citigroup (C:NYSE) and Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) start the earning's parade Monday morning.
- The semicaps and storage sectors trade heavy today but that's about it.
- The direction of the breakout of the range (S&P) will go a long way in determining the next leg for this market. Watch S&P 965 on the downside and, if we get through the June highs, S&P 1040 on the upside.
- If you want to download your Minyanville ICON, click here.
- Professor Succo wrote an awesome article on liquidity this morning.
- A house fly beats its wings about 20,000 times per minute.
- I've balanced a lot of my day trading risk a bit earlier. It's the eyes thing.
- Fokker is flying awfully close to the sun.
- The put/call is quite high today as a function of a size QQQ put buyer earlier.
- America has 3 times more animal shelters than it does shelters for victims of domestic violence.
- If you're pressing or guessing, start your weekend early.
- I'm not sure if the market's tired but I know I am.
- Remember the Titans!
- Greg RN is doing a fantastic job.
- When the real recovery begins and (if) it's manufacturing led, China could be in the driver's seat.
- We will be announcing a few Minyanville events next week--including a new auction--that are sure to get your juices flowing.
- Make sure your risk profile matches your time horizon.
- If you're long because they act well, remember your catalyst if they change their tenor.
- Coming soon: Samantha Fox trading cards?
- How long can Elmer keep the squeezy balls in the air?
- I'm a mog...half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter