- Where the heck does "We'll play it by ear" come from?
- The S&P filled the gap (to 985) and the NDX retested support (near 1260). Now the real fun and games begin.
- I just sent this IM to my best friend and college roommate: I think we're getting close to a market melt. don't know if it's here, up a few hundred points, a month out or whatever...but please don't say i didn't warn you. He asked me if he should take everything out and I said "I would, but I've been bearish so take this with a grain of salt."
- Mr. World Class Bucs fan is coming up to NYC the first week of August to spend the day in Minyanville. I'll alert the Grey Geese!
- Look at a six year chart of the S&P. If you allow for a lil' wiggle room, you can make a strong case that we've spiked right to the neckline of the multiyear head and shoulders. If that's true, there's gonna be a lot more tears!
- What kind of shmuck hits a sausage?
- On top of the "news" that'll leak next week, there's also some new columnists heading this way. I think you'll find the level of talent and integrity consistent with what you've come to expect at Minyanville.
- It's very orderly today. Healthy...or complacent?
- The bears who cried wolf have been quiet...that's what usually happens between the panic stage of the bullish phase and the denial stage of the bearish rage.
- A flock of sheep or a flock of seagulls? Flocker!
- Karl Malone to the Laker's now? Wowzers.
- If you're emotionally attached to one stock, put it on your personal restricted list and focus on new names.
- Hey Brittney, we're gonna look back at these prices and say Oops, we did it again!
- There's a rotation into the consumers.
- News and Views is rockin' today.
- It's shocking to me that one week ago today I was white water rafting down the Taylor River. Seems like years.
- When I started, we used Quotrons. Now, people are lost without IM.
- Bowling averages are way up, mini golf scores are way down...and we have more excellent water slides than anyone else in the universe!
- The hardest thing to do as a trader is to reverse your thesis. I've done it over the years when I felt it was warranted but I'm not in that mindset now. Can you tell?
- Wow...give him a column and now I'm the one getting him sodas. Anything else boss? Some thick skin perhaps?
- I just got an email from a fellow contributor asking what he should do when he starts to enjoy writing more than trading. Join the club?
- I still think Cisco (CSCO:NASD) is gonna be a hat size.
- Rolling stops allow you to let your winners run and lock in gains.
- They have names. Miles...and Maisy.
- 1,000,000 SPY just hit the tape on the sell side.
- How many traders got long near the close yesterday (anticipating a jam job) and are effectively trapped. Remember, Minyans, the definition of an investment should never be a trade that's gone against you (regardless of what they do).
- I hear Martin is thinking of applying to Colgate University. Hey kid, you wouldn't know what to do with either Mary or Ashley-Kate!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter