The Minx has a mind of her own and it's up to us to adapt to her psyche.
- Boo has thus far made a stand at the S&P 200-day, playing whack-a-mole with the bids as the bovine tried to turn the tide.
- I can't help feeling nostalgic with Minyan Dougie Kass in the house. I remember once upon a time when he,
Bill Meehan , Herbela, "Smails" Seymour, Snoop Tone and I enjoyed a true sense of community during the bubble days.
- I've gotten a lot of emails and instant messages suggesting that this rally is "dead cat" in nature. It could be--I would venture to say that it should be--but the Minx has a mind of her own and it's up to us to adapt to her psyche. Truth is, it felt funny on the long side yesterday--sorta like that rope in gym class--and this morning's liftage in the metal and homie rentals has afforded me the opportunity to get a bit more balanced.
- On an entirely more important note, we've made an executive decision and will host an old school, protein rich, wasabi-laden fish fest here at the hallowed halls. After all, Mr. Hand, there's nothing wrong with a little sushi on our time!
- Watch Newmont as THE metal equity proxy on the heels of Merrill's push. It's not acting as well as the bulls would like. And as I own it, it's not acting as long as I would like. Be that as it may, this is tucked away on the longer-term side of my book and I'm in a position to add at lower levels.
- Mucho white light to our brother Minyan Stephen Nagler as he walks down the road to recovery.
- From first to wurst?
- Man, if you look up heavy in the dictionary, you'll find two pictures. Me, and Pan American Silver (PAAS).
- We're thisclose away from unleashed Buzz 2.0. Take me at my word, Minyans, it'll be worth the wait. On top of massive functionality, it'll also go a (very) long way to alleviating alotta those annoying glitches. We take much pride in what we do. It is, after all, the Minyan way.
- And the critters shall conquer the world!
- "Hey has anyone else noticed this re-inversion??? The 6 month to 10 year note spread is now MINUS 7 basis points. If 10's hold here and Boom Boom fights inflation and forgets about cratering housing then we would invert to -30-60 basis points. That points to recession. Period. As such, we are making some token sales in 10's. Just in the spirit of full disclosure. I hate to say it, but my deepest fears are here. Bernanke is the wrong guy for the job. Not acrimony. Just my humble opinion."
Bennet Sedacca on today's Buzz
- This is definitely subject to change!
- And finally, the following Buzz took place between 11:00 AM and high noon:
I felt so good,
Like anything was possible
I hit cruise control
And rubbed eyes
Alright, what's cooler...
A) My brother Adam just IM'd to let me know he's got two 6th row tickets for Petty tomorrow night.
B) My fiancé, with whom I had plans, told me I should go (Honeydew who?)
C) Vitaliy "my mother called me "Red" once...ONCE!" Katsenelson just walked into MVHQ to join the sushi party.
D) I actually escaped yesterday's spit in the wind with my face still in tact.
If you answered "E--all of the above," you'd be right. And as there's nothing better than stealing a night with your only brother--and doing so with Tom Petty kickin' it--I'm pretty jacked. Alas, as you're not reading this for social updates, I'll get some 'real' content out there...
- Breadth is moderating (3:2) and if that goes--with the 200-day overhead--Boo might make a comeback that would make LL Cool J proud.
- This is occurring, of course, in the context of a dollar that has grinded back the majority of her losses today (DXY - 10 bips).
- So you know, I've sold a slew--but not all--of my trading exposure. That is held with trailing stops (and has nothing to do with my longer-term merchandise).
- The metal equities still trade heavy, despite the fact that the XAU is up a percent.
- The VXN, which is sorta like a four-letter VXO--is off a quiet 9%.
- As always, I hope this finds you well.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter