By Todd Harrison Jun 09, 2003 12:16 pm
- The first thing Minyan Charles Martell said to me when I walked into Gibson's? "Jeez Toddo, you sure took some generous liberties with your picture on the site!"
- Despite Freaky Friday's reversal and Monday morning's meander, there is a noticeable absence of concern among the bulls.
- S&P 980, which was initial support, serves as uber-short term resistance for the active Minyans among you.
- How did rubbernecking become an everyday traffic term? Think about it -- rubbernecking! Sounds kinky!
- Breadth, which has probably been the single best tell the last few months, continues at a 2:1 negative pace despite the intraday rally attempts.
- Did Friday's downside reversal pass the baton from the bullish "panic" phase to the bearish "denial" phase?
- While I will most likely be out next Monday, I am pushing out my (much needed) vacation to the first week in July. Why? I want to tie up a lotta loose ends so when I turn it off I can really tune it out.
- Professor Succo is getting into the swing of things. You will not find a more astute options maven in all the land!
- Is "Ponzi scheme" too strong a phrase when discussing the house of cards, er, derivative structure that supports our financial system?
- Who are the top five baseball players of all time? Send your votes (in order) to Fokker@minyanville.com.
- A big Minyanville welcome to our newest mini-Minyan: Axel James Carlson. Mother, father, brother and baby are all doing well! Wasabi!
- Last night, while honoring Jack Skiba at his Long Island temple, I spoke with a handful of traders who toil on the sell-side (work at brokerage houses). They tell me what many of us already know: Despite the recent rally, the climate is brutal. Risk restraints are being employed by management, layoffs are coming through in waves and the year-end expectations are already being managed. While it surely stinks, it's all part of the weeding out process necessary to alleviate the industry overcapacity.
- What ever happened to Quentin Tarantino?
- Don't force trades -- be in a position to capitalize when an advantageous risk/reward sets up.
- Thus far, the tape trades well considering the carnage in the Freddie Macs (FRE:NYSE) of the world.
- Don Henley is fantastic.
- I'm not seeing much "flow wise" today.
- I have a hard time believing that Sammy Sosa picked the ONE bat with cork in it. Puh-leeze!
position in spx
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter