- Where's KITT when it counted?
- Why is it when i hold a freshly minted $20 in my hand I think of Elmer?
- I've heard of west coast swingers but this is a bit much.
- Most everyone I read this morning is pointing to various reasons for a continued market rally (TRIN, put/call, momentum)--and it could happen--but try and project ourselves into the future and look back. IF (big if) the Minx fails, we'll point to the light volume rally, geopolitical uncertainty and more hawkish (yet subtle) Fed.
- Get dressed Daisy--we're puttin' ya to work!
- What the heck is a "net" carb?
- Why do they call it a medicine ball?
- Elmer opined earlier that he is "prepared to do what is required" but that 'ample' Fed liquidity is "increasingly unnecessary." He also offered that the "measured pace" of rate increases will suffice but is a function of economic developments. With regard to Carrie, he said that her unwinding is "notably underway" and that the secondary markets have adjusted accordingly. Our bespeckled Fed chief further opined that deflation concerns are now "safely behind us," energy prices (while 'worrisome') are "unlikely" to see "significantly higher" price levels. He added some constructive verbiage regarding payroll growth and business confidence but stopped short of assuring that I would get down to 200 lbs by my birthday.
- Jimmy's sweet on you!
- We've got two new studs coming to the Minyanville pasture. Greg Weldon (who has terrific macro insight) and Neal Dingmann (energy maven) will soon be pennin' their educational vibes for critters and Minyans alike. We pride ourselves on the quality (not quantity) of our content and take me at my word--these guys are awesome!
- There is a rumor that Billy Meehan was late today because he lost his hair.
- "Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."-Ronald Reagan
- Watch the metals as the "liquidity fear" proxies please. Technical resistance remains around gold $400 and silver $6.20.
- BKX 98. Know it. Live it. Love it. Watch it.
- If you're not reading the Buzz, you're missing a ton of content.
- "Oh yeah, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. Then I moved up to washing lettuces. Now, I'm working the fat fryer. Pretty soon I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in."
- Stay humble or the market will do it for you.
- Shana Punim!
- Interesting read.
- Never bet more than you can afford to lose.
- If you haven't read Susan Wein to your mini-Minyans, you're missing a fine trade!
- There are two distinct gaps below (as a function of the higher openings last week). Keep those in the back of your mind for future reference.
- Stay tuned for further information on the August 20-22 Minyan Mountain Minglefest in Crested Butte. We're still ironing out some details (including cost) but should have something for you in the coming week.
- The retailers trade dry. So do Yahoo! (YHOO:NASD) and Microsoft (MSFT:NASD).
- I'm psyched to finally have Billy Meehan officially on board. If you wanna welcome him to the fold, feel free!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter