By Marcus Laun Jun 05, 2003 12:14 pm
- Microsoft (MSFT:Nasdaq) remains the most important tech tell of the day. The brokers are the most important S&P tell.
- The Washington Post reports that "multiple" visits to the CIA by VP Dick Cheney over the past year created an environment in which some analysts felt they were being pressured to make assessments of Iraq data to fit the administration policy objectives. Shocker!
- If you had to choose between a ticket to game 2 of the NBA finals in San Antonio or a ticket to the Yanks vs. Cubbies at Wrigley (to watch the Rocket go for his 300th win), which would you choose?
- Holy bubble! housing stocks.com!
- That was my first time seeing Dark Star Orchestra... but it won't be my last.
- The breadth continues it's constructive tone.
- A few Minyans were surprised by a particular late day blurb yesterday. Suffice to say that I'm fiercely loyal and protective of my friends.
- Micron Technology (MU:NYSE) made some constructive comments at the Smith Barney semi fete.
- Remember the Seinfeld episode when George orders a egg salad on white instead of his normal tuna on rye? Shoe's on!
- Is the action in the face of Microsoft similar to the action in the face of IBM (IBM:NYSE) Tuesday?
- Boo didn't find his mountain girl last night, he was too busy shakin' his bones.
- I haven't seen squeezes like this (financials, biotechs, housing) since the bubble.
- The DXY (dollar index), which is melty, is now at levels last seen in October 1998. If (big if) it doesn't hold here, there's no discernable support until the high 80s.
- If the stock market is the single biggest thermometer of American psychology, is it any wonder that we haven't heard, read or discussed the U.S./U.N. discord since the rally begun?
- Minyan Travis Randolph sent a chart of a MACD turn (higher) in the VIX vs. the S&P. It paints a pretty ominous picture for equities. Not today's business, per se, but worth a gander (or is it a gaggle?).
- The Charlie Daniels Band is vastly underappreciated.
- The longs are crowded, hope is rampant, bulls are cocky, the bears are scared and the only perceived risk is missing the upside. I obviously don't know the catalyst (the greenback?) or level of exhaustion, but it's spooky. Perhaps the squeeze continues (timing is everything) but conditional elements do exist for a hard slide. Chicken Toddo!
- With that said, they sure do trade firm, don't they?
- Biotech is the master beta chase!
- Diggin' our humble little town? Tell two friends! And then they'll tell two friends, and they'll tell two friends, and so on, and so on, and so on...
- The Minx really wants to squeeze out the last bear standing, eh?
- I continue to hear about performance anxiety into quarter-end. It's June 5!
- I've got a 1 p.m. research meeting, so you know, so keep that in mind vis a vis the afternoon posts.
- I'm jazzed about the feedback we've received on our new Minyan columnists. Wait till you see the rest of 'em!
- Our technical levels continue to hold.
- I hear the Lakers are shopping Shaq.
- It's officially happened: Minyans are more excited to meet Fokker than they are to meet me.
- When in doubt, sit it out.
- A multiyear (down) trendline sits at BKX 870
position in msft, spx, qqq, bbh
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter