Play like an Orangeman today!
- Xilinx (XLNX:Nasdaq) and Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM:Nasdaq) weren't impressive last night and there's some cautious commentary floating around in Intel (INTC:Nasdaq). Watch the SOX for signs of slippage/traction.
- One year ago tomorrow, Intel gapped down from 27ish to 22 1/2ish. That gap has yet to get filled.
- The dollar is getting smoked on the heels of the European Central Bank's snippage.
- Gold.com up 7 and counting.
- Are too many people now focusing on the Minx/Jinx (Nikkei) similarities?
- How many longs are trapped and how many shorts are hoping?
- If Elmer does a "surprise" rate cut, is that the catalyst for a BKX spill?
- Is Microsoft (MSFT:Nasdaq) a crowded "catch up" long?
- The breadth has been the consistent upside tell the last few months.
- Watch S&P 980, DJIA 9000 and NDX 1210 as initial support. S&P 950 and NDX 1150 are "better" support.
- Don't be penny-wise and point-foolish.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter