By Todd Harrison Jun 04, 2004 12:50 pm
I'm goin' to Sizzler baby!
- Ben and Jerry's sends the waste from making ice cream to local pig farmers to use as feed. Pigs love the stuff, except for one flavor: Mint Oreo.
- If you're gonna play, you gotta pay--but don't let it affect your professional responsibilities.
- We've got three new professors ready to join the 'Ville and I assure you that each will add substantial value. There's an energy guru, a macro sage and an astute wavist who will be immediately accretive to the educational vibe.
- The original name for the butterfly was "flutterby."
- Crude just got tagged for 2%.
- Tapes that are up all day tend to end that way. Hence, the longer we're green, the worse Boo's chances are of spoiling this herd. The one caveat to that thesis is that if the bulls get loaded to the gills for a push through the weekly highs and they don't hold, there could be some "unwinding" into the weekend "unknowns."
- One gallon of used motor oil can ruin approximately one million gallons of fresh water.
- The semis have filled the gap (from yesterday's opening) and struggled since.
- An average cow poops 16 times per day and can smell odors six miles away. I would assume that one thing has nothing to do with the other.
- Somebody tell Ben that I'm a buyer of Mint Oreo.
- Please note the gaps in the S&P and NDX (as a function of this morning's higher opening). They should eventually fill back in...
- The metals have found some traction (as the dollar index slips anew). Gold is up $3 and silver has added 1.5%.
- Will somebody please tell the critters that these holiday weeks are supposed to be slow.
- Reuters is reporting that 22/22 primary dealers see Elmer taking a 1/4 pt. hike in June.
- Sometimes I'm 'feeling' the Randoms--and sometimes the mojo just ain't flowin'.
- See that S&P gap from April 28th?
- Brazil has tacked on two percent.
- Fleck did some good fishin' on the money supply vacillations in his recent Rap.
- Friday night face plant?
- Cisco (CSCO:NASD) has pushed back through its 200-day moving average (on the upside).
- We're still under BKX 98.
- Remember Dan Quisenberry?
- My grandfather taught me to take the high road but I don't think that precludes me from writing a "tell all" book one day. If you only knew...
- The Fed's Kohn is on the tape saying that there is no major U.S. inflation threat. It is unclear at this point if pink flamingos and purple dinosaurs live in that part of the country.
- I woulda preferred Warner over Collins but will let it go if the Raiders sign Eddie George.
- We're seeing size QQQ September 32 puts being accumulated.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter