I'm goin' to Sizzler baby!
- Ben and Jerry's sends the waste from making ice cream to local pig farmers to use as feed. Pigs love the stuff, except for one flavor: Mint Oreo.
- If you're gonna play, you gotta pay--but don't let it affect your professional responsibilities.
- We've got three new professors ready to join the 'Ville and I assure you that each will add substantial value. There's an energy guru, a macro sage and an astute wavist who will be immediately accretive to the educational vibe.
- The original name for the butterfly was "flutterby."
- Crude just got tagged for 2%.
- Tapes that are up all day tend to end that way. Hence, the longer we're green, the worse Boo's chances are of spoiling this herd. The one caveat to that thesis is that if the bulls get loaded to the gills for a push through the weekly highs and they don't hold, there could be some "unwinding" into the weekend "unknowns."
- One gallon of used motor oil can ruin approximately one million gallons of fresh water.
- The semis have filled the gap (from yesterday's opening) and struggled since.
- An average cow poops 16 times per day and can smell odors six miles away. I would assume that one thing has nothing to do with the other.
- Somebody tell Ben that I'm a buyer of Mint Oreo.
- Please note the gaps in the S&P and NDX (as a function of this morning's higher opening). They should eventually fill back in...
- The metals have found some traction (as the dollar index slips anew). Gold is up $3 and silver has added 1.5%.
- Will somebody please tell the critters that these holiday weeks are supposed to be slow.
- Reuters is reporting that 22/22 primary dealers see Elmer taking a 1/4 pt. hike in June.
- Sometimes I'm 'feeling' the Randoms--and sometimes the mojo just ain't flowin'.
- See that S&P gap from April 28th?
- Brazil has tacked on two percent.
- Fleck did some good fishin' on the money supply vacillations in his recent Rap.
- Friday night face plant?
- Cisco (CSCO:NASD) has pushed back through its 200-day moving average (on the upside).
- We're still under BKX 98.
- Remember Dan Quisenberry?
- My grandfather taught me to take the high road but I don't think that precludes me from writing a "tell all" book one day. If you only knew...
- The Fed's Kohn is on the tape saying that there is no major U.S. inflation threat. It is unclear at this point if pink flamingos and purple dinosaurs live in that part of the country.
- I woulda preferred Warner over Collins but will let it go if the Raiders sign Eddie George.
- We're seeing size QQQ September 32 puts being accumulated.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter