What's my name? Say it! Say IT! SAY IT!
- The Investor's Intelligence survey indicates that there aren't many bears left. The squeezy action suggests otherwise.
- Could turn. Should turn. Will turn. Where turn?
- Monster directional option activity (read: 130,000 QQQ calls) is typically a "contra" indicator.
- I got four Instant Messages at the same time saying, "they're never going down again."
- The "sell hope, buy despair" stylistic approach was money for three years. During momentum phases, however, it's frustration junction.
- Minyanheads who are attending tonight's Dark Star Orchestra show, we're meeting at Heartland Brewery (Union Square/17th St.) at 6:30 p.m. No shop talk, just tunes and brews.
- We welcome constructive criticism in Minyanville, because we're always looking for ways to improve the community.
- Where does the bear costume stand? With one leg and watching (I added the first appendage right around S&P 980). I wanted to get more aggressive into the spike, Lee, but discipline dictated respecting the momentum, underlying tenor ("should" have been down on IBM (IBM:NYSE) yesterday), the breakouts and not doing too much in one spot. Do I think this rolls over? Absofrigginlutely. When and from where is what I'm trying to digest.
- I programmed my phone to play Snoop Dogg's "What's My Name" as a ring tone.
- The semis are trading begrudgingly higher. That's the potential fly in today's rally ointment.
- Will Sosa play in Saturday's game against the Rocket?
- Shiver me timid!
- Storage trades heavy. The airlines trade great. That's some chart in the trannies.
- The buyers are always higher. The sellers are always lower.
- Nets in six.
- We saw some real money sellers in the SPYs above S&P 980ish. Not sure if they "reload" but wanted to pass it along.
- If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you will be afraid to cough (thanks Sean).
- I think Intel (INTC:Nasdaq) has been calling for a second-half recovery for three years.
- Crude sells off and it's perceived to be a negative. It rallies and it's a non-event.
- What's the difference between a gaggle and a gander. Quick!
- Past resistance is future support, so watch SPY 98.5 and QQQ 30.25 (we're below) as intraday levels.
- Don't gloat when you nail 'em, don't get depressed when you miss 'em. Just toss the ball back to the mound and jog to the dugout. There's a new inning tomorrow.
- What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! (I don't go there much but that just popped into my head.)
- What IS a g-nu?
- Buy the dip or sell the dip? That depends on your style. I know bears who are waiting for the whites of their eyes before getting involved. I also know bulls waiting for a pullback to buy. There's no blanket answer.
- I love my country but hate the political process.
- Remember, the news is always worst at a bottom and best at a top.
- Boo's babe is crunchy! Granola anyone?
- Thanks for all the great feedback regarding our new columnists. I'm humbled that they're Minyans and psyched they're on board!
- Sylvia Wadhwa has a tattoo? Saucy! (Fokker spotted it before Ted David)
- Yes, I still think the financials are a tremendous long-term short (more so now than ever). But, as you know, that's simply one trader's humble opinion.
- The VIX, VXN and QQV are up during the rally.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter