By Marcus Laun Jun 04, 2003 11:44 am
What's my name? Say it! Say IT! SAY IT!
- The Investor's Intelligence survey indicates that there aren't many bears left. The squeezy action suggests otherwise.
- Could turn. Should turn. Will turn. Where turn?
- Monster directional option activity (read: 130,000 QQQ calls) is typically a "contra" indicator.
- I got four Instant Messages at the same time saying, "they're never going down again."
- The "sell hope, buy despair" stylistic approach was money for three years. During momentum phases, however, it's frustration junction.
- Minyanheads who are attending tonight's Dark Star Orchestra show, we're meeting at Heartland Brewery (Union Square/17th St.) at 6:30 p.m. No shop talk, just tunes and brews.
- We welcome constructive criticism in Minyanville, because we're always looking for ways to improve the community.
- Where does the bear costume stand? With one leg and watching (I added the first appendage right around S&P 980). I wanted to get more aggressive into the spike, Lee, but discipline dictated respecting the momentum, underlying tenor ("should" have been down on IBM (IBM:NYSE) yesterday), the breakouts and not doing too much in one spot. Do I think this rolls over? Absofrigginlutely. When and from where is what I'm trying to digest.
- I programmed my phone to play Snoop Dogg's "What's My Name" as a ring tone.
- The semis are trading begrudgingly higher. That's the potential fly in today's rally ointment.
- Will Sosa play in Saturday's game against the Rocket?
- Shiver me timid!
- Storage trades heavy. The airlines trade great. That's some chart in the trannies.
- The buyers are always higher. The sellers are always lower.
- Nets in six.
- We saw some real money sellers in the SPYs above S&P 980ish. Not sure if they "reload" but wanted to pass it along.
- If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you will be afraid to cough (thanks Sean).
- I think Intel (INTC:Nasdaq) has been calling for a second-half recovery for three years.
- Crude sells off and it's perceived to be a negative. It rallies and it's a non-event.
- What's the difference between a gaggle and a gander. Quick!
- Past resistance is future support, so watch SPY 98.5 and QQQ 30.25 (we're below) as intraday levels.
- Don't gloat when you nail 'em, don't get depressed when you miss 'em. Just toss the ball back to the mound and jog to the dugout. There's a new inning tomorrow.
- What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! (I don't go there much but that just popped into my head.)
- What IS a g-nu?
- Buy the dip or sell the dip? That depends on your style. I know bears who are waiting for the whites of their eyes before getting involved. I also know bulls waiting for a pullback to buy. There's no blanket answer.
- I love my country but hate the political process.
- Remember, the news is always worst at a bottom and best at a top.
- Boo's babe is crunchy! Granola anyone?
- Thanks for all the great feedback regarding our new columnists. I'm humbled that they're Minyans and psyched they're on board!
- Sylvia Wadhwa has a tattoo? Saucy! (Fokker spotted it before Ted David)
- Yes, I still think the financials are a tremendous long-term short (more so now than ever). But, as you know, that's simply one trader's humble opinion.
- The VIX, VXN and QQV are up during the rally.
position in spx, qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter