By Todd Harrison Jun 30, 2005 11:52 am
There's gonna be some PBR trading hands following today's announcement!
- I jammed my left finger last night. Doth that mean I haf to write wiff a lithspt?
- That's fine Boo, just don't drive.
- Is that a wad of cash in your pocket or are you just happy to see us?
- The Minx is in wait-and-watch mode until Elmer delivers his verbiage. As it stands, the tone is mildly constructive but the world will certainly change at 2:15 EST.
- Paper trade!
- Hoofy tried to spur the piggies through BKX 100.50 but got stopped a nickel short of confirming a point & figure buy signal. Thanks kindly to Dorsey Wright for the charts!
- Global debt fret!
- Denial isn't a river in Egypt.
- Lucent (LU) was on the tape earlier offering that "pricing power is tremendous" in Europe.
- "Bank of America (BAC) has caused a stir in credit card companies. I believe the move in Capital One Financial (COF) is exacerbated by the fact that the options were so cheap: those short the options are frantically covering deltas. This is the effect of cheap gamma that I have alluded to. When these stocks are in a range, everything looks fine to the option seller. When they break, they break (out) hard and all those tiny gains they considered income become capital losses." John Succo on today's Buzz (he has a position in BAC, COF and KRB)
- Speaking of KRB, Doctor J and General Fari highlighted this name on the Buzz June 9th. Nice eyes, fellas!
- Remember Minyans, July 17th is the cut-off date for the MiM2 early bird special!
- History will likely cast this vote.
- The XAU, after yesterday's sharp jig, is off a percent (and still under the 200-day).
- The NDX remains stuck between the 50- and 200-day moving averages.
- Neil Glassman's high school sweetheart!
- Sniffin' at the GDP with Barry Ritholtz.
- I've heard of sleep walking. I've even heard of sleep eating. But "Sleep Order a turkey bagel and rainbow cookies from the corner deli?" That's bizarre (even for me).
- Keep the pen!
- With the long weekend looming, expect liquidity to dry up as we turn the page into July. For my part, I'll be sneaking to JFK around 2:30 tomorrow for the shlep West to Mackeville.
- Fare ye well into the afternoon swell, Minyans, and I'll see you over on the Buzz!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter