There's gonna be some PBR trading hands following today's announcement!
- I jammed my left finger last night. Doth that mean I haf to write wiff a lithspt?
- That's fine Boo, just don't drive.
- Is that a wad of cash in your pocket or are you just happy to see us?
- The Minx is in wait-and-watch mode until Elmer delivers his verbiage. As it stands, the tone is mildly constructive but the world will certainly change at 2:15 EST.
- Paper trade!
- Hoofy tried to spur the piggies through BKX 100.50 but got stopped a nickel short of confirming a point & figure buy signal. Thanks kindly to Dorsey Wright for the charts!
- Global debt fret!
- Denial isn't a river in Egypt.
- Lucent (LU) was on the tape earlier offering that "pricing power is tremendous" in Europe.
- "Bank of America (BAC) has caused a stir in credit card companies. I believe the move in Capital One Financial (COF) is exacerbated by the fact that the options were so cheap: those short the options are frantically covering deltas. This is the effect of cheap gamma that I have alluded to. When these stocks are in a range, everything looks fine to the option seller. When they break, they break (out) hard and all those tiny gains they considered income become capital losses." John Succo on today's Buzz (he has a position in BAC, COF and KRB)
- Speaking of KRB, Doctor J and General Fari highlighted this name on the Buzz June 9th. Nice eyes, fellas!
- Remember Minyans, July 17th is the cut-off date for the MiM2 early bird special!
- History will likely cast this vote.
- The XAU, after yesterday's sharp jig, is off a percent (and still under the 200-day).
- The NDX remains stuck between the 50- and 200-day moving averages.
- Neil Glassman's high school sweetheart!
- Sniffin' at the GDP with Barry Ritholtz.
- I've heard of sleep walking. I've even heard of sleep eating. But "Sleep Order a turkey bagel and rainbow cookies from the corner deli?" That's bizarre (even for me).
- Keep the pen!
- With the long weekend looming, expect liquidity to dry up as we turn the page into July. For my part, I'll be sneaking to JFK around 2:30 tomorrow for the shlep West to Mackeville.
- Fare ye well into the afternoon swell, Minyans, and I'll see you over on the Buzz!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter