Random Thoughts for the Road
By Todd Harrison Jun 27, 2003 4:15 pm
From our family to yours, have a peaceful holiday!
- The S&P has breached the up trendline from the March lows but not the head & shoulder neckline (yet).
- I will never again go six full months without a week's vacation. It's not good for the soul & spirit.
- The BKX needs to hold 855.
- Holidays are a time for family, fun and friends. Please visit my friend Joel before you start enjoying the party.
- The NDX needs to hold 1188.
- It's easy to pen "work to live, don't live to work" but I'm admittedly guilty of not always following my own advice.
- When I say that I'm blessed to be surrounded by Team Minyan, you've got no idea how much I mean it.
- The new contingency of writers has done an awesome job of furthering the educational experience on Minyanville. Most of them have experience with the pen but, man, where the heck did Succo come from? He's a natural!
- I understand that my bearish big-picture bent is difficult to stomach at times, but please know that I offer it with the most benevolent of intentions. I have many concerns regarding the path we're collectively walking, and if I weren't completely honest in my assessment, I would be doing us both a disservice. My goal is not to project my view, it's to offer humble thoughts with the hopes that they add to yours.
- My grandfather Ruby and I are as close as we were the day he passed in 2001.
- Be good to others and better to yourself.
- Please keep an ear to the ground for rumblings on Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) and Freddie Mac (FRE:NYSE).
- Goodbye front nine. Hello back nine.
- I am genuinely concerned that the stock market could potentially crash. That's not a call... it's a fear.
- The most precious of commodities is time.
- Good luck Charlotte-Anne!
- Think positive -- good energy can be contagious.
- The outlooks given on the second quarter earnings reports are mucho imporante.
- Nobody holds me to a higher standard than I do myself.
- Minyanville is not an advice site. It's a community of education and philanthropy. If you're a faithful Minyan, please know that we rely on you to help us spread the word and raise awareness of the critters. That may take the form of emailing your friends and colleagues, sportin' some of the awesome critter clothes, hangin' some of the Minyan art or chowin' some of our delicious cookies. Thank you ever so much.
- Have a safe and happy holiday week. I'll see you on the flip side!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter