Fokker, get off the baby sitter!
- Personally, I liked Neil Young's rock opera. I respect artistic expression and after everything he's done, he's earned the right to forge new ground. Keep on rockin' Neil!
- Despite the sharp lift from yesterday's lows, the dandruff alert in the NDX is still in effect. Watch the 1230-1235 level as right shoulder top.
- Why is a chicken so cheap? They have to breed it, raise it, feed it, kill it, pluck it, freeze it, ship it, unpack it, package it, display it and sell it. How the heck can they do all that for four bucks a pound?
- While our focus is on education, I'll always share my view as long as you understand that it's simply one guy's humble opinion. I've been wrong before and I'm sure to be wrong again. However, I have tremendous conviction that we remain in the early stages of the grizzly bear market.
- If you passed wind for six years and nine months, enough gas is produced to create the energy for an atomic bomb.
- It's better to burn out than to fade away. My my, hey hey.
- Gold is a bit firmer today. On the upside, $350 (past support) is future resistance.
- Didn't see this one yesterday but it warrants a mention. The TLT (iShares Lehman 20+ Year Treasury Bond Fund) is a textbook example of financial dandruff.
- In my absence next week, our awesome Minyanville contributors will be picking up the slack. In addition, we're gonna post some of the "classics" from the Minyanville archives. If you've got a particular favorite, please email the link to Fokker@Minyanville.com.
- The breadth is minty again.
- Happy birthday to Minyan Mel.
- When's the last time you had a Mr. Softie ice cream cone in the summer?
- The financials continue to underperform.
- Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
- The trannies, which sometimes lead the broader tape, are higher again today.
- I think I'm gonna bring my lappy with me on vacation. Not for quotes, but just in case i'm inspired to do some creative writing.
- If you're digging Minyanville and our new columnists (who I think are the best around), please help us to spread the word!
- The S's and N's put in the first "higher low" of the day (and have since retested it).
- I'm seeing size call-buying in the semicaps.
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young deserve an honorable mention when discussing the greatest rock bands of our generation.
- I've always been a humble guy but when I look around at the Minyans assembled on this project -- from Casey to Len to J-Dog to Millhouse to Snoop to C-A to Succ to Brian to Kevin to Scotto to Jason to Fleck to Julie to Fokker -- I feel truly blessed. Ditto on the Minyanship -- you guys are awesome!
- If the Minx gets back through S&P 1000, she will have bought herself a little more time.
- Shhh! It's wabbit season!
- Alright, so bonds are getting smoked like a Philly blunt at a Snoop Dogg concert. Will that spur the bond-to-stock trade or would the ultimate head-fake be that both asset classes decline?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter