By Todd Harrison Jun 27, 2003 1:03 pm
Fokker, get off the baby sitter!
- Personally, I liked Neil Young's rock opera. I respect artistic expression and after everything he's done, he's earned the right to forge new ground. Keep on rockin' Neil!
- Despite the sharp lift from yesterday's lows, the dandruff alert in the NDX is still in effect. Watch the 1230-1235 level as right shoulder top.
- Why is a chicken so cheap? They have to breed it, raise it, feed it, kill it, pluck it, freeze it, ship it, unpack it, package it, display it and sell it. How the heck can they do all that for four bucks a pound?
- While our focus is on education, I'll always share my view as long as you understand that it's simply one guy's humble opinion. I've been wrong before and I'm sure to be wrong again. However, I have tremendous conviction that we remain in the early stages of the grizzly bear market.
- If you passed wind for six years and nine months, enough gas is produced to create the energy for an atomic bomb.
- It's better to burn out than to fade away. My my, hey hey.
- Gold is a bit firmer today. On the upside, $350 (past support) is future resistance.
- Didn't see this one yesterday but it warrants a mention. The TLT (iShares Lehman 20+ Year Treasury Bond Fund) is a textbook example of financial dandruff.
- In my absence next week, our awesome Minyanville contributors will be picking up the slack. In addition, we're gonna post some of the "classics" from the Minyanville archives. If you've got a particular favorite, please email the link to Fokker@Minyanville.com.
- The breadth is minty again.
- Happy birthday to Minyan Mel.
- When's the last time you had a Mr. Softie ice cream cone in the summer?
- The financials continue to underperform.
- Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
- The trannies, which sometimes lead the broader tape, are higher again today.
- I think I'm gonna bring my lappy with me on vacation. Not for quotes, but just in case i'm inspired to do some creative writing.
- If you're digging Minyanville and our new columnists (who I think are the best around), please help us to spread the word!
- The S's and N's put in the first "higher low" of the day (and have since retested it).
- I'm seeing size call-buying in the semicaps.
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young deserve an honorable mention when discussing the greatest rock bands of our generation.
- I've always been a humble guy but when I look around at the Minyans assembled on this project -- from Casey to Len to J-Dog to Millhouse to Snoop to C-A to Succ to Brian to Kevin to Scotto to Jason to Fleck to Julie to Fokker -- I feel truly blessed. Ditto on the Minyanship -- you guys are awesome!
- If the Minx gets back through S&P 1000, she will have bought herself a little more time.
- Shhh! It's wabbit season!
- Alright, so bonds are getting smoked like a Philly blunt at a Snoop Dogg concert. Will that spur the bond-to-stock trade or would the ultimate head-fake be that both asset classes decline?
position in spx, smh
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter