Breadth continues to offer three winners for each loser.
- Mrs. Fokker!
- The banks remain stuck between BKX 96 (200-day) and BKX 98ish (breakdown resistance and reverse dandruff).
- How many traders are anticipating the anticpated acne?
- DR. Minyan Marc Faber.
- Lotsa my stochastics--particularly the S&P, CYC, trannies and INDU--are twisting at the top. They're not a timing mechanism but will likely lead to a meaty trade lower at a point.
- Each week is starting to feel like one long day.
- The critters will be making their debut on the "little screen" this weekend as Bloomberg TV and E-Entertainment will feature a five minute segment on the 'Ville and its mission. First airing is 6am tomorrow morning and it'll "loop" throughout the weekend. And yes grandma, I will shave and wear a jacket next time.
- Succesful people always set lofty goals. The caveat is that if you're continually trying to get "there," you'll forget to enjoy it "here."
- The always insightful Phil Erlanger offers the following talented tidbit: "Short intensity is huge for finance issues -- but this has been going on for a long time. It remains to be seen if financial stocks can take advantage of the widespread negative betting. Retail also has a heavy short intensity picture, with better technical rankings."
- Dr. Samuel A. Mudd was the physician who set the leg of Lincoln's assassin John Wilkes Booth -- and whose shame created the expression for ignominy: "His name is Mudd."
- If the Minx can poke through these levels--notably BKX 98 and NDX 1500--the potential for a long squeeze (higher) exists as the technical and psychological metrics embrace.
- Canola oil is actually rapeseed oil but the name was changed in Canada for marketing reasons. Smart move, eh?
- "I wanna love ya, and treat you right. I wanna love you, every day and every night. We'll be together..."
- Crude is off 1.5%.
- The metals are resting after yesterday's flexing but remain above support (previous resistance). Silver $6.20 remains the next hurdle for white lightening.
- Professors McGuirk and Reynolds are taking a much deserved respite and will return to the 'Ville on Monday. We 'may' have a surprise for you this afternoon, however, so please stay tuned.
- There is a difference between faith and hope.
- Brazil is up another percent and I'm beginning to think that I should head down there to see what's what.
- Minyans on MarketWatch should edge outa the gate next week.
- Franks and beans!
- There are four primary metrics--fundies, technicals, psychology and structural--with each representing a leg under the minxy table. The more legs you have working, the better the odds of a profitable trade.
- The pitches that Babe Ruth hit for his last-ever homerun and that Joe DiMaggio hit for his first-ever homerun where thrown by the same man.
- Please take the time to read Susan Wein's latest rhythmic rhyme in the Minyanville school house. She's quickly becoming a fave amongst the Mini-Minyans.
- Next week should be very quiet with the exception of quarter-end, the Iraqi semanticfest, Elmer, earnings and Beeks.
- Yes, I'm kidding.
- Don't worry, the mountain bike trails are have plenty of catcus cushion on both sides.
- How do the Trail Blazers take Telfair over Jameer Nelson? (Despite the trade?)
- I'm kinda thinkin' pop and drop but I don't know the degree of the former or the timing of the latter.
- I hope it pours tonight so I won't feel guilty about the Friday night face plant.
- We're kicking the tires on a few new professors and these guys would be massively accretive. It's amazing and humbling at the very same time.
- The drugs continue to get smoked.
- Malta Minyan George Grech--I promise you that before it's all said and done, we will break bread on your cozy little island.
- Rubyisms: "Think positive," "What goes around, comes around," "Time is the most precious of commodities," "This too, shall pass," "All you have is your word and your name," "Family is most important," and "F**k 'em!"
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter