How many traders are loaded up for the 'inevitable' breakout?
- I can "see" Hoofy in a dairy advertisement with a milk moustache saying "Got Milk?"
- The metals continue to dance higher. Gold $400 and silver $6 have been levels of contention and if they can close above, it'll bode well for the bulls. Please note that silver $6.20 is resistance (there now) and I have rolled up my stops from this morning's trade. Should they "trigger," I won't hesitate to elect them.
- Where...the hell...is Beeks?
- The bears are making a valiant stand and attempting to defend what are, by all accounts, critical technical levels. NDX 1500 and BKX 98ish are on my personal radar. I just told Boo to respect the minty breadth and the psychological dynamic. The higher the Minx, the more likely we'll see a "long squeeze" into quarter end.
- Ewww! The Gross Domestic Product will be released tomorrow (exp. 4.4%, deflator 2.6%). Beeks will also deliver personal consumption (exp. 3.9%) and the Wolverine confidence number (exp. 95).
- "Hit me again Ike...and this time put some stank on it!"
- Read at a Budapest zoo: "Please do not feed the animals. If you have any suitable food, give it to the guard on duty."
- Chatty Kathy.
- NYSE breadth (so far) bodes well for a "pop" before a potential "drop."
- If you're not Buzzin', you're not livin'.
- BKX 98.
- Do you feel a draft?
- Things in Minyanville are getting interesting and interestinger.
- A bold gold move.
- The critters are coming! The critters are coming! Minyanville will be featured this weekend on Bloomberg television and the E-Entertainment channel. You'll recognize me--I'm the guy with the hairline at the back of his neck!
- Bonds. Long Bonds.
- The German DAX is up 1.6% and tickling through 4,000.
- The same traders who are looking at equity charts are emboldened by the gold chart.
- I can't (and won't) tell you that vols can't get cheaper but I'm pretty confident in offering that they'll certainly get richer (in time).
- How many traders are waiting for that Goldman (GS:NYSE) window to open?
- Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missing. Many many men can't see the open road.
- If you think your firm (or trading desk or finance club) would like a group discount to the 'Ville, please let us know.
- Straight outa Compton.
- Slacker! It's become increasingly evident that a 'full' vacation isn't in the cards so I'm gonna compromise. I will be out next Friday and steal a quick respite in the land of Marley. Ya mon!
- Watch the breadth (and leaders) during counter-trend intraday moves. They'll likely offer clues whether it's a reversal or a necessary respite in a broader directional trend.
- "In the end, all you have is your word and your name." -Ruby Peck
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter