The trannies are a turtle's best friend!
- Looking for a fun way to start the day with some chuckles and good market info? E-mail Rob Fraim to get hooked up.
- The trannies are breaking out to fresh multiyear highs and that fact isn't lost on the Dow theorists in our midst.
- The Texas two-step!
- Cause he's the Melo, the fellow, the one that likes to say hello...
- Lowry's Selling Pressure Index made a new 5-year low last night -- indicating the continued lack of supply.
- Has anybody ever seen Billy Meehan and Marc O'Brien in the same room at the same time?
- Everyone wants to get from here to there but few people remember to enjoy the ride.
- Kinda like Presstek, but not really.
- I remember a few years back, a large sell-side firm was trying to "catch" my hedge fund business. Lucent (LU:NYSE) had just reported earnings and their (sell side) trader picks up the phone and makes me a "dollar wide/100,000 share up" market. I knew the guy mispriced the merchandise (the stock wasn't trading and the earnings stunk) and asked him three times if he was "sure." After the third confirmation, I sheepishly said "sold ya 100 at xxx." Why sheepishly? I knew what was about to happen. After the next tick (down 8), the light began to ring and a very scared trader was stuttering and mumbling about how he couldn't get his hedge off (shocker!). I told him to "make it look like 25k down 4" and to be more careful in the future. Trying to buy business with aggressive markets in the midst of a catalyst is the fastest way to blow up (the 'buy side' is typically more 'current' on any given situation).
- Patches O'Houlihan
- Kim Dispigna?
- Succ wrote a story last week that should be flagged for future reference. With the hedge fund bubble ripe for poppage, structural elements could potentially emerge. Hedge fund bubble unwind.
- Washington Post: IF JUNE 23 IS YOUR BIRTHDAY . . . you will likely be surrounded by well-wishers who will brighten your day. Remember to check your e-mail. You have clear sailing ahead this summer, but close companions may be experiencing difficulties. Avoid being drawn into webs of deception spun by others, and adhere to high principles.
- Bond panic is the enemy of stocks. Stress the enemy of humans.
- Lehman's aptly named chartist, Jeff DeGraff, is watching for a break above S&P 1147 or below S&P 1105 to sway the current "trend indication."
- I consider myself lucky that I began to address the emotional ripples of 9/11 shortly after the fact. My fear is that a lot of folks--who were there or close to the situation--have buried their feelings and they remain in the subconscious--unresolved--and ticking...
- That is some chart in Broadcom (BRCM:NASD).
- I've covered up a bunch out of respect of the trannies and tightened my stops (both ways) due to the two-sided crosscurrents.
- Please keep the Minyans in the Mountains in front of you. It'll be a fantastic time and allow us all a chance to network, learn and absorb the family vibe.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter