Is EVERYBODY staring at S&P 1000?
- XBD 550 and DRG 350 are upside resistance levels to monitor.
- The financials and industrials act well but the breadth in the NYSE has yet to confirm the upside.
- Before you order lunch, click here.
- If you're not mandated to trade every day, exercise patience and wait for your pitch.
- When viewing charts, I always like to look at various time frames for perspective.
- I got off the scales yesterday at my doctor's office and asked him if I was heavy.YEP! Man, he couldn't even wait half a beat!
- Snoop Tone, who has taken a few days to chill on the heels of his rockin' new gig at FTN Midwest Research, returns with his mojo on Monday.
- The stochastics I monitor have given sell signals in the S&P and NDX.
- Do you think Martin and Katie still talk? Do you think Jill's jealous?
- Never let the definition of an investment be a trade that went against you.
- First he's gonna schvitz, then he's gonna kill us!
- FYI, I'll be taking the week of July 4th off -- first time since December and much needed.
- I continue to see size call buying in Microsoft (MSFT:Nasdaq).
- I'm watching the price action in the brokers very carefully today.
- The insider sales information discussed yesterday was interesting, no?
- The only insect that can turn its head 360 degrees is the praying mantis.
- Is this a bear trap or a bull trap? Gut says the latter but it may require a catalyst.
- How many more shoes are gonna drop at Freddie Mac (FRE:NYSE)?
- We're still "testing" that trendline in the S&P.
- The silhouette on the Major League Baseball logo is Harmon Killebrew.
- I was never a huge fan of Rosanne Arnold. The national anthem antics were the kicker for me.
- Fokker walked into work today dressed as Fonzi. Really? No, but if you know him, it'd be a pretty funny visual.
- There sure is a whole lotta debt out there and it keeps growing, and growing...
- I had dinner last night with my best friend and college roommate, Fish. While he was delighted that I weigh more than he does (first time ever), I still swept him in XBOX NASCAR.
- Tight stops, while sometimes frustrating, keep ya outta trouble.
- New Minyans, check out our all-star guitar! I'm not allowed to discuss what we're doing with this yet but when I can, you're gonna freak.
- The networkers act a tad heavy.
- Keep half an eye on fixed income today.
- Why are some people so scared of the Menagerie? They're just critters!
- Pull up a 21-day chart of the NDX. Draw an trendline from May 27 through the June 13 low. Then draw a (down) trendline from yesterday's high through today's highs. See that?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter