More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Jun 02, 2004 3:23 pm
May peace be with you!
- "I'm talkin' about a place where the beer flows like wine, where the women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talkin' about Minyanville!"
- I started three columns but the action was so whippy I had to flip to Random format. Oy!
- Reuters reported massive explosions at the US Kirkuk base. Iraqi police say that a rocket hit an "arms store." That coincided with the (thus far) daily highs.
- If Boo is Simon does that make Hoofy Garfunkel?
- It's IN the computer?
- The Citigroup (C:NYSE)/breadth/semis/oil/small cap/cyclical tell complex gave a wink before today's poppage (the outlier is naturally the stanky SOX but 83% is a fairly good quack count). It's worth noting that the pause in these inputs coincided with a pause in the tape.
- Please add Jeff Saut and Greg Weldon to the Minyan reading list.
- I can't believe that I'm 'that' guy who can tell stories about how he would get into work at 4:00 am to write up/pair off option positions by hand. It's the financial equivalent to the five mile hike through the snow!
- We'll see a Beek's warm-up toss tomorrow with non-critter productivity (exp. 3.7%), unit labor costs (.4%) initial jobless claims (exp. 335k), continuing claims (exp. 2925k), factory orders (exp. -1.4%) and the I to the ISM non-manufacturing report (exp. 66). And yes--that's a warm up! Once digested, the dynamic will be similar to today's as posturing and psychology square off.
- The pattern of lower highs is still the dominant chart theme.
- I will be penning my ayem piece tomorrow and then slipping off to Rodeph Shalom Elementary School to attend their 1st grade "market day." Children's education is a HUGE component of the Minyanville vision and we should all take the time to encourage young minds to remain active. I expect to be back in this saddle by 10:00 am (thanks!).
- Brazil (+1.62%) is retesting it's 200-day moving average.
- I think I need a sleep belt.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS:NASD) is flat in the face of a 4% silver drubbin'.
- If it were easy, they'd call it 'winning' instead of trading.
- Janice Rossi.
- Be good to people on the way up 'cause you're sure to see 'em on the way down.
- These new Minyanville DVD's are awesome.
- Please be sure to add a subject line to all emails as my SPAM filter is still learning.
- There are a LOT of frustrated hedge fund managers out there so understand that nerves are a tad frayed (and the tape may be more emotional than usual). It's all part of the weeding out process, I'm afraid, as they stand in a circle and shoot at the same stocks.
- Brian Reynolds: The Iron Horse.
- Not quick enough on the trivia draw? You can still sport your favorite critter by simply swingin' by Main Street. As I hope you would know by now, the Minyanville merchandise is all top notch quality.
- My first boss wasn't too computer savvy. He would walk into work each day and yell "Who's this LOGIN guy and why is he on my computer?"
- I spend time with Ruby every night in my dreams.
position in c, silver
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter