More Random Thoughts!
May peace be with you!
- "I'm talkin' about a place where the beer flows like wine, where the women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talkin' about Minyanville!"
- I started three columns but the action was so whippy I had to flip to Random format. Oy!
- Reuters reported massive explosions at the US Kirkuk base. Iraqi police say that a rocket hit an "arms store." That coincided with the (thus far) daily highs.
- If Boo is Simon does that make Hoofy Garfunkel?
- It's IN the computer?
- The Citigroup (C:NYSE)/breadth/semis/oil/small cap/cyclical tell complex gave a wink before today's poppage (the outlier is naturally the stanky SOX but 83% is a fairly good quack count). It's worth noting that the pause in these inputs coincided with a pause in the tape.
- Please add Jeff Saut and Greg Weldon to the Minyan reading list.
- I can't believe that I'm 'that' guy who can tell stories about how he would get into work at 4:00 am to write up/pair off option positions by hand. It's the financial equivalent to the five mile hike through the snow!
- We'll see a Beek's warm-up toss tomorrow with non-critter productivity (exp. 3.7%), unit labor costs (.4%) initial jobless claims (exp. 335k), continuing claims (exp. 2925k), factory orders (exp. -1.4%) and the I to the ISM non-manufacturing report (exp. 66). And yes--that's a warm up! Once digested, the dynamic will be similar to today's as posturing and psychology square off.
- The pattern of lower highs is still the dominant chart theme.
- I will be penning my ayem piece tomorrow and then slipping off to Rodeph Shalom Elementary School to attend their 1st grade "market day." Children's education is a HUGE component of the Minyanville vision and we should all take the time to encourage young minds to remain active. I expect to be back in this saddle by 10:00 am (thanks!).
- Brazil (+1.62%) is retesting it's 200-day moving average.
- I think I need a sleep belt.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS:NASD) is flat in the face of a 4% silver drubbin'.
- If it were easy, they'd call it 'winning' instead of trading.
- Janice Rossi.
- Be good to people on the way up 'cause you're sure to see 'em on the way down.
- These new Minyanville DVD's are awesome.
- Please be sure to add a subject line to all emails as my SPAM filter is still learning.
- There are a LOT of frustrated hedge fund managers out there so understand that nerves are a tad frayed (and the tape may be more emotional than usual). It's all part of the weeding out process, I'm afraid, as they stand in a circle and shoot at the same stocks.
- Brian Reynolds: The Iron Horse.
- Not quick enough on the trivia draw? You can still sport your favorite critter by simply swingin' by Main Street. As I hope you would know by now, the Minyanville merchandise is all top notch quality.
- My first boss wasn't too computer savvy. He would walk into work each day and yell "Who's this LOGIN guy and why is he on my computer?"
- I spend time with Ruby every night in my dreams.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter