Doin' It Bloggystyle: Poll Vaults, Ideas for Life, Guidance Counselors, Big Media Blogs
Minyanville brings together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
Blogs themselves need no introduction, as they get as much publicity as pretty much anything these days, save maybe the latest Britney news. There's an expanding world of excellent financial blogs, covering pretty much everything from global economics to swing trading. Minyanville's goal is to bring together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
- Don't look now, but the Ticker Sense bloggers' poll is teeming with Bulls.
- Full Disclosure: I am one of the participants. I almost always check off neutral.
- Did Bearish Bloggers cave in? I suspect it's more likely they just changed their poll answer thanks to the recent wave of discussion that they had become contrary indicators.
- Which I guess actually is a contrary tell, even if in real life you didn't change your posture.
- Again though, I DO NOT personally believe in sentiment indicators that measure what you say as opposed to what you do.
Ideas for Life
- An option trading strategy for V bottoms from Pete Stolcers at OneOptions.
- The Big Picture Speculator on North American Natural Gas.
- Dr. Brett with the 3rd part of his Trade Like a Scientist series. Three common mistakes we all make.
- Musings of a Trader wonders whether the market is on borrowed time here.
- Is this the end of earnings guidance as we know it?
- The bad news, as per Simply Options Trading "There is less transparency and in fact from a contrarian view point, I think this move will subject the stock price to greater fluctuation should a surprisingly good or bad earnings result comes about as there is no prior guidance for some sort of bench mark. "
- All good points. Except there's a silver lining. If this comes to pass, it's going to lead to higher options volatility. No one likes surprises. Which may not please some people, but does please me. Which is all that should matter to corporate boards, lol.
- Plus I find the whole "guide analysts estimates only to beat them by a penny and then have the bobbleheads tell me 70% of companies are beating estimates" charade kind of useless.
Big Media Blogs
- If you can't build blogs, buy them, say Sports Illustrated and ESPN.
- I have held off overcoverage of this Allison Stokke story, because... um... she's 18, and it's really tough to get an options/business angle here.
- But hey, thank goodness for Darren Rovell, there's a story here.
- She is not, I repeat not, signing with Nike. Right now.
- How big has this Stokke phenomenon become?
- As per Rovell, "this high schooler has 840,000 Google hits -- the "Alison" Stokke misspelling has 16,500 hits! -- and of course a "Allison Stokke Fans" MySpace page. While, we are counting, there is also 12 YouTube videos and there was the once Unofficial Allison Stokke Fan page that apparently has since been retired, though the host of the page has kept the site."
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter