More Random Thoughts!
No, I don't need more fiber, I'm simply trying to do my thang!
- Should Terrell Davis be in the Hall of Fame?
- Scotto Reamer is a Minyan to the core. Thank you for the picture of Jackson -- it's sitting here right next to the prototype critter action figures for maximum mojo effect (both ways).
- N's over S's.
- Identify a time frame before entering a position. And no, I don't mean the missionary position.
- Nobody puts baby in the corner.
- Man, those homies turned on a dime. Don't forget, KB Home (KBH:NYSE) reports tonight.
- Don't be scared -- they're only critters!
- There IS a trendline support (from June 9) around S&P 997.
- There is an active debate whether this is yet another "suck in" or the beginning of the (yawn!) much awaited pullback.
- I'm going to the doctor's tonight for a check-up.
- Dollars to doughnuts, Charlotte-Anne nixed the last half of the above thought.
- The semis continue to act dry. As a matter of fact, all of tech does. The financials, on the other hand, are under distribution.
- Thank you Geoff for the kind gesture -- all the way from Austria. Hey bro, let's throw another shrimp on the barbie!
- It's a market of stocks, not a stock market.
- Aren't PDAs public displays of affection?
- Keep an eye on breadth -- particularly in the NYSE. It's showing the slightest signs of creepage.
- Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
- Dark Side of the Moon stayed on the top 200 Billboard charts for 741 weeks. That's 14 years!
- Snapper is trying -- he really is.
- After a rally like this, everyone (even the bears) looks to buy dips. That's the type of psychology that's necessary during topping processes but, as we've learned, it works until it doesn't.
- Most toilets flush in E flat.
- S&P 500 insider sales and purchases for the week ended June 13. Bought: $283,000. Sold: $156,000,000. But don't worry, business is picking up.
- During lunch with Scott Reamer, I actually had the gall to say that I've been stressed lately. Think about it, his two-year-old son has an unidentified disease and can no longer speak, feed himself, use his arms or legs, or hold his head up. I think I have stress?
- Minyanville quiz: What are the only animals that are BORN with horns (male and female)? First correct answer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org get's a rockin' Minyanville tee. Wasabi!
- Bound (the movie) is underrated.
- Making my calls, and most everyone thinks the market rolls over -- AFTER quarter end. Hmm...
- Prior to 1900, prize fights lasted up to 100 rounds.
- I think the market tops this summer and it'll be the bitterest of pills yet. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong, always honest.
- If you're reading this and you're not a registered Minyan, please sign up. It's a really easy process! If you are a registered Minyan, please feel free to spread the word!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter