By Todd Harrison Jun 18, 2004 12:05 pm
- Billy Meehan--your Delta Tau Chi pledge name is...Fester!
- A Minyan Marc missive.
- Remember the scene in "Naked Gun" when Frank Dreben keeps screaming into the megaphone "There is nothing to see here! Please disperse!" to the crowd while a fire is visibly raging behind him?
- Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
- As it stands, the NDX has filled yesterday's gap and failed at the downtrend resistance (from June 8th).
- The Ramses brand condom is named after the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses II who fathered over 160 children.
- It's official! Newly tenured Professors Neal Dingmann and Greg Weldon will make their debut on Monday! Get ready to chew through some tremendous content
- Sell homes, buy despair.
- Enjoy while you chew.
- Pop quiz--what do all of the financial implosions in the past ten years have in common?
- The Philly Gold & Silver Index (XAU) is up nearly 3% and again testing the downtrend from the Mar / Jun tops. It's also touching its 50 dma (86.96).
- Will investors circle the wagons in front of the weekend unknowns and will the Saudi hostage situation add to those fears?
- I haven't watched Slap Shot in a long time.
- Frustration on the grassy knoll.
- An interesting dichotomy is evolving in the financial sector. The banks are trading with a bid and approaching resistance at BKX 98. The brokers, firm today but weak of late, are danglin' at/near the '04 lows. One of these groups will pull the other....
- Mike Eruzione.
- Watch the retail sector as they're laggy. If we slip into the weekend (geopolitical concerns exacerbated by the hostage situation), they could lead the bleed.
- You just gotta believe.
- "Dogs are idiots! Think about it Smithers, if I came to your house and started sniffing all over your crotch, what would you say?" --Mr. Burns
- Trading with defined risk removes emotion.
- Ugh--the kid is handling the sushi order. Lord have mercy on his soul.
- The overbought condition has been largely worked off as a function of the slither.
- If you register for the Minyan Mountainfest by the end of the day, Daisy will take you on a private hike on Mt. Crested Butte!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter