More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Jun 17, 2004 2:54 pm
Where's your tardy slip?
- Slippin' in for a quick shnitz (stacked meetings) and looking at the Minx for the first time today. Sorry 'bout that--will be back in the saddle manana.
- S's over N's (financials over semis).
- Commodities + Brazil + bonds + metals= liquidity (at least for now).
- That's a pretty nifty double top in the SOX (right at the 200-day!) SOX 460 was support.
- People are the best investment.
- Please don't trade what you don't understand.
- Minyan Jeff Saut suggested I read this column and, well, enough said.
- I recently attended a screening of The Corporation and recommend it to all Minyans. It offers a comprehensive analysis of corporate America, branding, government interaction, media interpretation and global balances of power. While you may not agree with everything in the film, I maintain that you always wanna see all the angles before formulating an opinion.
- Uber-Minyan Dan Meehan is movin' to Baltimore (staying in the division) and will have his farewell Party on June 22nd @ Town Crier (53rd btwn 1 and 2nd) from 6 to 8. He asked me to extend an invite to ye faithful.
- NYSE breadth is impressive.
- The S&P pattern of lower highs is still in tact in the short-term (since June 8th) and intermediate term ('04).
- You dirty rat!
- We're sitting on the NDX trendline from the May low.
- Who do you believe--Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) or Intel (INTC:NASD).
- There are alotta ways I can go with this but will simply point it out.
- It's easy to lose perspective and purpose but consistency in that regard is what sets us apart.
- I've agreed to make contributions to CBS Marketwatch and will give ye faithful a heads up when the time comes (quarter-end). A big thanks to Larry, Dave and Herb for the opportunity!
- It's not what is, it's what's perceived to be that dictates the price action. That metric (psychology) is elusive but oh-so-important to staying ahead of the profit curve.
- I started watching True Romance last night and couldn't turn it off.
- Biotechs are back at that level that will either act as a springboard or a ceiling. Under BTK 500, we must assume the latter.
- Fokker...Collins...Meehan...as I said, it's all about the human equation.
- I've rolled up the stops on my silver position.
- Do ya wanna spend a few days with the Minyanville professors talking about the financial landscape? Our first annual educational seminar is slated for August in Crested Butte, Colorado. I had the privilege of visiting Scotty at the Reamer Ranch last summer and it quickly became one of my favorite places on earth. Wasabi Jackson!
position in silver
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter