By Todd Harrison Jun 17, 2004 8:36 am
Hit 'em hard Minyans!
- When's the last time you played BINGO?
- "Corporate bond investors are clearly more optimistic than their equity counterparts, and that divergence cannot last indefinitely. We continue to watch for a worsening of corporate bond sentiment but, in the absence of that occurring, it becomes more likely that stocks will eventually climb higher." -The Iron Horse, June 17th, 2004
- Mail Call.
- A car bomb exploded near an Army building in Baghdad killing at least 26 people and injuring another 85. The attack is the most devastating since January and comes roughly two weeks before the hand off of power in Iraq. In recent days, insurgents have sabotaged oil infrastructure in the country.
- One man's opinion from Red Dye Junction.
- Bloomberg reports that according to comments from the Fed's Broaddus and the BOE's King, global center banks should raise interest rates to prevent inflation from picking up in the face of economic recovery. Broaddus commented that it is "clear that we need rates to move up" and that the U.S. "has credibility for low inflation, and we aren't about to give it up."
- That, of course, isn't to be confused with the jaws or bones of the Fed's Guynn yesterday.
- What I MEANT to say is that I can't believe I would ever consider missing this wedding for something as silly as a Dead show at Red Rocks. Better?
- Many thanks to Cynthia Dietzmann and the entire team at StreetAccount.
- If you don't own a Stevie Ray CD (or DVD), I strongly urge you to pick one up at your earliest convenience. Live at Austin City Limits isn't a bad place to start...
- According to the Financial Times, PIMCO's Bill Gross commented that the global outlook is unstable due to increased geopolitical risk, an increase in debt, and "several bubbles". Gross, who also signed the MV guitar, notes that the implications of high leverage, particularly in the U.S. and Japan, create risks higher than at any juncture in the last 20-30 years. The dollar is being supported by China and Japan in his view.
- Do you work all week just to get to the weekend but spend all weekend getting ready to work? Ya gotta make some changes, brah...
- Carry on, you will always remember...
- Further fodder by the ursine plodder.
- Join us in the Colorado Rocky Mountains this summer for some seriously good Minyan vibes!
- Remember all those '04 downtrend lines we've been discussing? There are now pennants (flags) formed in many of these indices as a function of the grindy "up" action since mid-May.
- I'm still straddlin' Carrie via long silver and short select financials. Both have tight stops on either side of the position.
- I'm gonna be MIA from the 'Ville today as I tend to outside obligations. Thanks kindly for understanding!
position in silver, select financials
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter