"This is going to be the Sssssummer of Sammy, baby!"
- When the tape flow is this lackluster it seems that all mental functions follow suit. Slow tape, slow idea flow, slow thumping thoughts. I have been reduced to the humble bullet.
- Take-Two (TTWO) is getting hit with some of the spatter being shed by Electronic Arts (ERTS) bears. The former is up 3% to ERTS' booming 8% and I still see little particularly exciting news on either, save for rave reviews for Take-Two's XBox version of "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas". Can a game do big numbers with the console waiting game in full-gear? We shall see.
- This writers block thing didn't have me too concerned until I saw that it contributed to the fall of a champion fortune cookie writer. It would seem that the search for his replacement continues. "Collins: You will create countless fortunes during your long life".
- Wal-Mart (WMT) up a blah 1% after announcing a blah "same store sales are on... ahem... Target (TGT)" statement. The Wal-Mart news flow continues to grow more troubling very near the top of the giant's org-chart. I don't think the company is behaving any differently than they ever have; they just have more and better organized enemies now.
- Todd-O has invited me to stay at his stately Minyanville Mansion ("As seen on MTV Cribs!") while I'm in New York later this week. It's tempting but I'd like to be (sort of) well rested for Squawk Box on Friday morning. Staying in the mansion, with all those "Daisy's" running about... Durst doing karaoke rap with Fitty at all hours of the night.... I'd get more sleep staying with Meehan and Eloise in their Hooverville pad.
- I like to think that the first draft of Phil Purcell's resignation from Morgan (MWD) letter expressed some of his more "personal" feelings about those personal attacks he suffered. He's tried to take the high-road (at least in the press and for the most part) in the spats that finally got him ousted. I'd be feeling a bit "pent-up", were I in his Cole Hahn's.
- General Motors (GM) owes Kerkorian a lingering man-hug. Not just for finding (read: ham-fistedly creating) a bottom in the stock but for helping "prod-along" the unions. It was a huge advantage for management to be able to paint themselves as a relatively benign alternative to Mr. K.
- No, we aren't there yet. And we have miles to go before we sleep.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter