By Todd Harrison Jun 12, 2003 12:58 pm
Hey Adam, I resemble that remark!
- My S&P tell is Goldman Sachs (GS:NYSE).
- The puppies (PPH) have started to react to the breakout. In the interest of full disclosure, I've been "feeding the ducks" (making some sales) into the strength.
- The Yank's got no-no'd for the first time in 45 years. Why are so many Yankee haters thrilled about this?
- The conventional wisdom of quarter-end "mark ups" is that they'll gun the sectors that have had the biggest gains. In case you don't know, marking up is illegal (although that doesn't mean it doesn't happen).
- It was a scratch!
- What ever happened to free markets?
- There is a delicate balance between "listening" to the tape and being lulled into a false sense of security.
- I will be scooting to Texas tomorrow afternoon and will be out of the office on Monday. For the Texas Minyans among you, Charlotte-Anne and I will be having a little Minyanfest Saturday afternoon in San Antonio. Rosario's (910 S. Alamo St. 210-223-1806) at 5:30 p.m. And no, I will NOT be wearing cowboy boots!
- The OSX, which broke out yesterday, is pulling back today on the natural. gas inventory data. Watch how this trades as it "retests" yesterday's breakout level.
- How many of you looked up penisfish yesterday?
- Fokker is in a mood today. Dude, if I wanted moods, I'd get a girlfriend!
- Why is it that the prior month's economic data always seems to be revised lower?
- The breadth is still positive in the S&P and marginally negative in four-letter land.
- This received from my brother Adam on IM this morning: "From the 'it does not get stranger than this department,' last night a 20-pound big wild snapper turtle wandered into our front yard. This was nobody's pet, it was a freak of nature! We all gathered around it, kids and parents on our little street, to check it out, and then it started snapping like it was gonna kill us." Is there a message in here?
- Happy birthday to Minyan Tripp Keeley! Hey, I wonder if he's related to Senator Kevin Keeley, the Vice President of the Coalition for Moral Order? Somebody tell Agador Spartacus!
- Mental illness is widely misunderstood. It's a disease -- much like AIDS or cancer -- but a lotta folks would rather say "he's crazy" or "he's nuts." As a function of neglect, many of these individuals end up homeless and on the streets. I'm hopeful that this will change one day and they're treated with the compassion and empathy they deserve.
- Professor Succo is writing some bang up pieces on the mechanics of derivatives. When I started at Morgan Stanley in '91, Succ ran the index and structured products desk. He then went on to run Derivative trading (and risk) at Lehman before hopping to the buy side. Again, you won't find a better mind!
- Alright, I'll say it: I'm stunned that the Freddie Mac (FRE:NYSE) & Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) concerns have yet to spill over to the rest of the financials (and hence, the broader tape).
- I agree, Nolan Ryan has to be in any all-time starting rotation. I'm tossin' him on the list -- even as a closer! And where's Steve Carlton and Randy Johnson?
- Thank you for the continued support for The Ruby Peck Foundation.
- Can you imagine what your pet would say if (s)he could talk for one hour?
- Placing stops (defined risk) removes emotion.
- Admit it -- you were wondering where the Random Thoughts were!
- Oracle (ORCL:Nasdaq) (reporting after the close) should color tech tomorrow. Thus far, big cap tech companies haven't seen a discernable uptick in demand.
- Is this a lullaBYE tape?
- The whole idea of an egg is kinda nasty, isn't it? I mean, think about it, do you know what a yolk is?
- The opposite of love isn't hate, the opposite of love is apathy.
- The double duja ve questions are already starting. In other words, will we get the upside jam job hat trick?
- This is the sloppiest NBA finals that I can remember. I'd still like to see the Nets win though.
- A royale with cheese!
position in pph, spx, fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter