Can I get some milk please?
- Prayers to our Israeli Minyans and all the other innocent souls in the Middle East.
- The spread between bulls and bears is the highest ever. It will certainly matter but, as Jason points out, the bigger question is when?
- Remember how everyone brushed off Enron at first?
- Da Ali G show on HBO is hilarious.
- How come there weren't any pitchers on the Minyanville all-time top five? (Just puttin' it out there.)
- Arrogance, long lines and rude people are pet peeves of mine.
- I use the smaller plate haircut thesis. You know, when you put the same amount of food on a smaller plate, it looks like more food? That's why I get frequent trims!
- I know, I'm not gonna get much sympathy from the follically challenged Snoop.
- I'm watching breadth on the pullback for signs of weakness. So far, there isn't much.
- Why is the action in Microsoft (MSFT:Nasdaq) and IBM (IBM:NYSE) so important? At late stages of the rally, the tertiary (3rd tier) stocks typically act the best. If the elephants start to exert leadership again, it's worth noting.
- Another potential reason for the recent strength? My boys at Wachovia are seeing large collars being unwound in the marketplace. Their feeling is that long funds, which are underperforming, are unwinding them to get more exposure. For what it's worth, these types of trades are notorious for pegging market turns (the wrong way).
- Charlotte-Anne, can I say penisfish in my column?
- The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education is, by far, my proudest professional accomplishment.
- If you're too early to the trade, your ability to effectively scale is impaired.
- I wanted to add another leg into the bear costume this morning but discipline prevented me from doing so.
- Every trade isn't 4th and 10 from your own goal line.
- The dollar index (DXY) has held 92.25ish for a few weeks (which was its closing low in October '98). It's currently hovering around 92.90, fyi. Keep it on your trading radar.
- Is "considerable uncertainty" bullish?
- Ted Nugent, Arnold Babar, Dr. RosenRosen, John Cocktosten, Mr. Poon, Frieda's boss, Igor Stravinsky, Gordon Liddy, Don Corleone, Harry S Truman.
- Add higher oil prices to the list of wall-writings.
- Why is everybody emailing Daisy after the last post? It's just not right.
- If the issues at Freddie Mac (FRE:NYSE) and Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) continue, doesn't that eventually (and indirectly) trickle through to the homies (homebuilders)?
- Australia is awesome.
- Mickey Rivers went to Miami-Dade junior college.
- The OSX is on fire. A move through par (100) breaks through recent resistance. Keep in mind, however, that the PPH gave a similar signal and has toiled at the same level for a bit.
- Congrat's to the New Jersey Devils. Good luck to the New Jersey Nets.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter