By Marcus Laun Jun 11, 2003 12:26 pm
Can I get some milk please?
- Prayers to our Israeli Minyans and all the other innocent souls in the Middle East.
- The spread between bulls and bears is the highest ever. It will certainly matter but, as Jason points out, the bigger question is when?
- Remember how everyone brushed off Enron at first?
- Da Ali G show on HBO is hilarious.
- How come there weren't any pitchers on the Minyanville all-time top five? (Just puttin' it out there.)
- Arrogance, long lines and rude people are pet peeves of mine.
- I use the smaller plate haircut thesis. You know, when you put the same amount of food on a smaller plate, it looks like more food? That's why I get frequent trims!
- I know, I'm not gonna get much sympathy from the follically challenged Snoop.
- I'm watching breadth on the pullback for signs of weakness. So far, there isn't much.
- Why is the action in Microsoft (MSFT:Nasdaq) and IBM (IBM:NYSE) so important? At late stages of the rally, the tertiary (3rd tier) stocks typically act the best. If the elephants start to exert leadership again, it's worth noting.
- Another potential reason for the recent strength? My boys at Wachovia are seeing large collars being unwound in the marketplace. Their feeling is that long funds, which are underperforming, are unwinding them to get more exposure. For what it's worth, these types of trades are notorious for pegging market turns (the wrong way).
- Charlotte-Anne, can I say penisfish in my column?
- The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education is, by far, my proudest professional accomplishment.
- If you're too early to the trade, your ability to effectively scale is impaired.
- I wanted to add another leg into the bear costume this morning but discipline prevented me from doing so.
- Every trade isn't 4th and 10 from your own goal line.
- The dollar index (DXY) has held 92.25ish for a few weeks (which was its closing low in October '98). It's currently hovering around 92.90, fyi. Keep it on your trading radar.
- Is "considerable uncertainty" bullish?
- Ted Nugent, Arnold Babar, Dr. RosenRosen, John Cocktosten, Mr. Poon, Frieda's boss, Igor Stravinsky, Gordon Liddy, Don Corleone, Harry S Truman.
- Add higher oil prices to the list of wall-writings.
- Why is everybody emailing Daisy after the last post? It's just not right.
- If the issues at Freddie Mac (FRE:NYSE) and Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) continue, doesn't that eventually (and indirectly) trickle through to the homies (homebuilders)?
- Australia is awesome.
- Mickey Rivers went to Miami-Dade junior college.
- The OSX is on fire. A move through par (100) breaks through recent resistance. Keep in mind, however, that the PPH gave a similar signal and has toiled at the same level for a bit.
- Congrat's to the New Jersey Devils. Good luck to the New Jersey Nets.
position in msft, pph, oih, spx, fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter