More Random Thoughts!
Fare ye well into the bell!
- He's definitely NOT a Minyan.
- Do folks follow technical analysis because it works or does it work because folks watch it? Either way, Dow 10,400, S&P 1140, BKX 98 and Nazz 2015 remain trading magnets nestled in the muck.
- Alrightee then! Collins, trooper that he is, downed two full bags of Minyanville chocolate chip cookies in five minutes...but left one and a half cookies uneaten! Call me a softie but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. Now, if he can make it to the bell in tact, I will donate $1,000 to both the Ruby Peck Foundation and the Greg Collins stomach pump foundation!
- We've got a spate of Beeks next week as the absent minded professor offers up the trade balance (exp. -45B), advanced retail sales (exp. 1.1%, ex-autos .6%), the CPI (exp. .5, ex-chow .2%), empire manufacturing (exp. 30), Wolverine confidence (exp. 91), housing starts (exp. 1950k), building permits (exp. 1970k), industrial production (exp. .8%), capacity utilization (exp. 77.4%), beige book, claims data and the Philly Fed (exp. 25).
- Yes, I'm wonderin' if that's reverse dandruff in the Philly Bank Index (BKX) too.
- Hey Collins, wanna smell some cat food?
- On the earnings front, General Motors (GM:NYSE) will drive Monday, Circuit City (CC:NYSE) and Oracle (ORCL:NASD) will report Tuesday, Bear Stearns (BSC:NYSE), Biogen (BIIB:NASD), Best Buy (BBY:NYSE), Lennar (LEN:NYSE), KB Homes (KBH:NYSE) and Jabil (JBL:NYSE) will spew Wednesday while Adobe (ADBE:NASD) and Solectron (SLR:NYSE) release on Thursday.
- Some days will be watershed. Today wasn't one of 'em.
- The brokers are still trying to digest supply.
- Most of my stochastics are lofty (negative). They can twist (the most vicious "legs" of a move often occur in the final phase) but I wanted to give you a heads up.
- Strong finish by silver (+2%).
- Be good to others and better to yourself.
- Hey, Kool-Aid!
- Have a peaceful weekend!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter