Denial is not a river in Egypt!
- Is this an ominous sign with regards to a quack count?
- The N's over S's dichotomy is manifesting itself via breadth (marginally off vs. 5:1 negative), leadership (semis vs. bank) and tenor (Pavarotti vs. Placido).
- Did we ever get the REAL story about last summer's blackout?
- Will Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) continue to look for doctors until someone gives them a clean bill of health?
- I would like to advocate the removal of glue from this man's immediate reach.
- If you're not reading the Buzz & Banter daily--and if you don't have the desktop tool downloaded--you're missing some of the best content on Minyanville.
- The 5 year at 4%. Wowsers.
- Minyan Jim Gleason opines "288,000 new jobs at an average $30,000 per year income (probably high) is only $8.6 billion per year. Compared to $500 billion per year budget deficit and $500 billion per year trade deficit, the incremental income associated with last month's new jobs isn't even a rounding error." Good perspective.
- The Earth weighs around 6,588,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons. And that was before my anti-diet!
- Most major league baseball games last about two and a half hours. The actual time in the game during which there is actual action/play underway has been determined to be on average 9 minutes and 55 seconds.
- Will the SOX re-test the 200-day?
- The purpose of the journey is the journey itself.
- What goes around, comes around. Ruby used to tell me that and how true it is!
- The oil index (XOI) stochastic sell signal kicked in (-1.25%) despite the rude crude. It's currently approaching the trendline from the March lows (XOI 610).
- I'm gonna try and bang out a "War Stories" this weekend.
- Besball has been berry berry good to me.
- I gotta think that the NYSE breadth would have to improve if the semis are to lead us higher.
- Cyclicals down a percent.
- "I will be watching you and if I find that you are trying to corrupt my first born child, I will bring you down, baby. I will bring you down to Chinatown" - Jack Byrnes in Meet the Parents
- Sector rotation is a sign of migrating demand.
- Kind words make good echoes.
- Russell 555 remains on our radar.
- $14 million OUT of the market this week? That doesn't jibe very well with an increasingly robust supply pipeline on the horizon.
- Phil Villapiano gave my pal Tommy Carden the fur loincloth that John Matuszak wore in the movie Caveman. Tommy, knowing what a Raider freak I am, sent it to me. I very much appreciate the gesture but I've got one (small) question. Did he wash it first?
- I have a bacon fetish. There, I said it.
- The metal smelting continues with gold, silver, copper and palladium all getting mined. I had a not-so-snazzy entra point in silver $6.40ish and have been trading around a tough position since. I don't communicate every trade but I've been proactive both ways. I'm a better buyer in this zone, so you know, and will parcel out that inventory on any liftage and trade around a core. Not advice...just sharin' the process.
- My name is Andrew Sheppard...and I AM the President of the United States.
- Do any of ye faithful actually know of companies that are hiring?
- I still fear that a crisis of confidence will ultimately pop the psychology bubble and while I don't know what will burst it, there are certainly a lotta pricks floating around.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter