By Todd Harrison May 07, 2004 12:10 pm
Denial is not a river in Egypt!
- Is this an ominous sign with regards to a quack count?
- The N's over S's dichotomy is manifesting itself via breadth (marginally off vs. 5:1 negative), leadership (semis vs. bank) and tenor (Pavarotti vs. Placido).
- Did we ever get the REAL story about last summer's blackout?
- Will Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) continue to look for doctors until someone gives them a clean bill of health?
- I would like to advocate the removal of glue from this man's immediate reach.
- If you're not reading the Buzz & Banter daily--and if you don't have the desktop tool downloaded--you're missing some of the best content on Minyanville.
- The 5 year at 4%. Wowsers.
- Minyan Jim Gleason opines "288,000 new jobs at an average $30,000 per year income (probably high) is only $8.6 billion per year. Compared to $500 billion per year budget deficit and $500 billion per year trade deficit, the incremental income associated with last month's new jobs isn't even a rounding error." Good perspective.
- The Earth weighs around 6,588,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons. And that was before my anti-diet!
- Most major league baseball games last about two and a half hours. The actual time in the game during which there is actual action/play underway has been determined to be on average 9 minutes and 55 seconds.
- Will the SOX re-test the 200-day?
- The purpose of the journey is the journey itself.
- What goes around, comes around. Ruby used to tell me that and how true it is!
- The oil index (XOI) stochastic sell signal kicked in (-1.25%) despite the rude crude. It's currently approaching the trendline from the March lows (XOI 610).
- I'm gonna try and bang out a "War Stories" this weekend.
- Besball has been berry berry good to me.
- I gotta think that the NYSE breadth would have to improve if the semis are to lead us higher.
- Cyclicals down a percent.
- "I will be watching you and if I find that you are trying to corrupt my first born child, I will bring you down, baby. I will bring you down to Chinatown" - Jack Byrnes in Meet the Parents
- Sector rotation is a sign of migrating demand.
- Kind words make good echoes.
- Russell 555 remains on our radar.
- $14 million OUT of the market this week? That doesn't jibe very well with an increasingly robust supply pipeline on the horizon.
- Phil Villapiano gave my pal Tommy Carden the fur loincloth that John Matuszak wore in the movie Caveman. Tommy, knowing what a Raider freak I am, sent it to me. I very much appreciate the gesture but I've got one (small) question. Did he wash it first?
- I have a bacon fetish. There, I said it.
- The metal smelting continues with gold, silver, copper and palladium all getting mined. I had a not-so-snazzy entra point in silver $6.40ish and have been trading around a tough position since. I don't communicate every trade but I've been proactive both ways. I'm a better buyer in this zone, so you know, and will parcel out that inventory on any liftage and trade around a core. Not advice...just sharin' the process.
- My name is Andrew Sheppard...and I AM the President of the United States.
- Do any of ye faithful actually know of companies that are hiring?
- I still fear that a crisis of confidence will ultimately pop the psychology bubble and while I don't know what will burst it, there are certainly a lotta pricks floating around.
position in fnm, qqq, silver
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter