More Random Thoughts!
Ooh! That stings!
- What's the point of eating salad if you soak it in dressing?
- The midday snapper was a conditional element that needed to take place IF (big if) we're to trade lower.
- Getting stopped out sucks but that discipline will save you over the long run.
- Do I think straight down? No -- too easy. The "down-up-DOWN" thesis makes more sense with the real melt coming after the bulls (and bears) buy the "correction."
- Bond spikage. Sounds kinky!
- I'm a self-admitted conspiracy theorist -- but until the day I pass, I will believe that there was a "hand" in this last market rally.
- I can't believe summer is already here.
- The time to identify risk is after the market has rallied big. The time to identify opportunity is after the market has sold off sharply. Somehow, the investing public has managed to confuse the issue.
- I'm on a diet -- and Fokker ordered gnocchi and sausage for lunch. Does anybody else think that's rude and selfish?
- Someday we'll look back at this and it will all seem runny.
- Watch NDX 1135 as first support.
- The whole family is in town for cousin Jake's bar mitzvah and we're doing a Friday night powwow for Mother's Day. Fire up the blender -- the margarita mama's in town!
- Storage trades relatively dry.
- When is the last time somebody mentioned geopolitical risk?
- Wait'll you see the toast -- I couldn't even get it through the door!
- I wouldn't be shocked to see a UMV professor roundtable in the future -- but you might have to get on a plane, Fleck!
- I saw pictures today of the all-star guitar presentation when Doug Kass, Jordan Farkas and Tennessee Jed presented me with that insane item. Thank you Janet for snappin' the pictures!
- If it were easy, everybody would do it.
- Tight stops and defined risk removes emotion.
- Daisy got a Brazilian bikini wax. Now THAT is exciting!
- This past month has been a chilly stretch for yours truly but you know what? It could be worse.
- What's phantom mojo? It's kinda like getting that tingly feeling even after it's gone.
- The short base is very small but the upside risk is a continued "long squeeze."
- Hey Mike Santoli -- Wasabi!
- Emma? Umma!
- These homebuilders have had some move.
- Hey Lappy, you pseudo-prep-khaki-wearin-golf club swingin-Jen lovin'-account coverin' madman, how goes it?
- I haven't taken a real vacation since New Year's.
- What sectors are my June out-of-the-money puts in? Financials, retailers, cyclicals and tech -- and I'm leaving myself plenty of dry powder. My sense is that this eventual move will be juicy but, again, timing remains the key.
- I plan on writing a few books in the future. The Ruby Chronicles, A Father's Story and, yes, a walk through the bubble.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter