Humble turtles are happy turtles!
- The Fear of Snapper (turtlephobia?) is buoying the morning action.
- I saw some pressing out of the gate and, truth be told, Boo would have preferred a higher opening.
- I've placed (very) tight stops on all my day trading risk.
- Will AMR (AMR:NYSE) prove to be the Citibank of the early 1990s?
- Toaster French toast is overrated. Toasted pop tarts are underrated.
- Watch the banks (and BKX 800) as an important psychological level.
- Cisco (CSCO:Nasdaq) hasn't been rallying with the NDX futures. That's typically a sign of supply in the street (heavy) and if you're in the camp that it's an important tell today, it's worth a mention. With expiration looming next Friday, the 15 line (options) seems to be acting as a magnet. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm (actively) trading it today and point this out as an observation (not advice).
- Hal E. Tosis and Candy Mintz would make a great couple!
- The brokers turn green.
- The breadth (thus far) is still skewed negative.
- Our very own Casey cracked a rib helping her mom with an errand. Let's send her some Minyan well wishes!
- Mind the opening gaps.
- Emma looks great with a tan!
- The consumers continue act relative dry (Coca-Cola (KO:NYSE)).
- There is an inevitable (countertrend) rally due for the dollar. Will that boost equity sentiment? Don't know.
- I've developed a newfound affinity for blueberries.
- Arrogance is a pet peeve of mine. Don't gloaters piss you off?
- The S&P has held 925 the last three sessions and, thus far, it's held again today.
- EVERYBODY is conditioned to buy the dip.
- Next week's expiry will likely exacerbate volatility (either way) as it approaches.
- As a trader, if you're not in a position to buy dips/sell rallies, you're positioned to big.
- Do MORE bears have to believe we're in a new bull market before a serious decline?
- The buyers are always higher, the sellers are always lower.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter