Mojo is my middle name.
- My father asked me what I thought of Mr. Jones, the Richard Gere movie about a bipolar man. My response? I loved it, I hated it...
- S&P 925 is a level that held during the last two sessions (first support). S&P 920 is the trendline off the March lows (the same sloping trendline we referenced at 910 last week).
- Thank you for the kind gesture, Primo. You're a good Minyan and a fine American.
- Dow Diamonds (DIA:Amex) 86 IS a triple top breakout on the point and figure chart. I greatly respect that signal but the field position (uber-extended) must be factored into the mix. For my part, I've got some DIA calls on vs. the underlying (DIA) on a ratio. This gives me the gamma I'm looking for as well as a trading vehicle.
- Software, ex-Oracle (ORCL:Nasdaq), trades a tad heavy.
- Is an (intermediate term) reversal on (the actual) FOMC/Cisco (CSCO:Nasdaq) day too obvious?
- If Elmer cuts rates, will the current psychology view that as bullish or as an excuse to take profits?
- I give my mother a world of credit for raising two young boys by herself.
- If you're gonna trade "on" the 2:15 announcement, PUT LIMITS ON YOUR ORDERS.
- Lady Fanny of Omaha.
- The last (panic) phase of any trading move is typically the most vicious. That's why I've asked Boo to keep his right paw up and define his risk.
- The S&P is right back at the January high. Doesn't that seem like lifetimes ago?
- Do I really believe we're destined for new lows? I'm not sure I've ever been more sure of anything in my career. But timing, as we know, is EVERYTHING. Wasabi Fleckmo?
- Look for new and exciting changes to the Gazette to coincide with the University.
- SOX 350.
- Will the BKX chart look like the 3M (MMM:NYSE) in a few months? What a head fake!
- Sexual Chocolate!
- Congrats to John Brett on his recent retirement. You're a class act, JB, and you've managed to maintain integrity and perspective throughout a long and successful career. Thirteen years ago, when I was a struggling assistant at Morgan Stanley, you helped me through some rough patches. For that, you'll have a friend for life. The critters and I wish you nothing but the very best!
- I hear Tony Dwyer has a picture of Daisy in his school gym locker.
- Is everyone waiting for the blow off rally to short?
- You see all these flickering ticks on your screen(s)? Take a good look -- cause everything will be different after 2:15.
- The news is always worst at the bottom and best at the top.
- I'll ask the question again: Does this rally end on a good CSCO report? It "lines up" for the "blow off" thesis (upside capitulation).
- I used to love color war at camp. Man, those were the days!
- S's over N's.
- Just be yourself, sir. No matter what happens, they can't take that away from you.
- Gold continues to act firm.
- Whatever happened to Amanda Grove?
- Have you ever gone white-water rafting?
- My grandfather addressed men as "sir" and I've picked up that trait from him.
- Devise a trading game plan BEFORE stepping onto the field.
- Fare ye well.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter