By Todd Harrison May 06, 2003 11:43 am
Mojo is my middle name.
- My father asked me what I thought of Mr. Jones, the Richard Gere movie about a bipolar man. My response? I loved it, I hated it...
- S&P 925 is a level that held during the last two sessions (first support). S&P 920 is the trendline off the March lows (the same sloping trendline we referenced at 910 last week).
- Thank you for the kind gesture, Primo. You're a good Minyan and a fine American.
- Dow Diamonds (DIA:Amex) 86 IS a triple top breakout on the point and figure chart. I greatly respect that signal but the field position (uber-extended) must be factored into the mix. For my part, I've got some DIA calls on vs. the underlying (DIA) on a ratio. This gives me the gamma I'm looking for as well as a trading vehicle.
- Software, ex-Oracle (ORCL:Nasdaq), trades a tad heavy.
- Is an (intermediate term) reversal on (the actual) FOMC/Cisco (CSCO:Nasdaq) day too obvious?
- If Elmer cuts rates, will the current psychology view that as bullish or as an excuse to take profits?
- I give my mother a world of credit for raising two young boys by herself.
- If you're gonna trade "on" the 2:15 announcement, PUT LIMITS ON YOUR ORDERS.
- Lady Fanny of Omaha.
- The last (panic) phase of any trading move is typically the most vicious. That's why I've asked Boo to keep his right paw up and define his risk.
- The S&P is right back at the January high. Doesn't that seem like lifetimes ago?
- Do I really believe we're destined for new lows? I'm not sure I've ever been more sure of anything in my career. But timing, as we know, is EVERYTHING. Wasabi Fleckmo?
- Look for new and exciting changes to the Gazette to coincide with the University.
- SOX 350.
- Will the BKX chart look like the 3M (MMM:NYSE) in a few months? What a head fake!
- Sexual Chocolate!
- Congrats to John Brett on his recent retirement. You're a class act, JB, and you've managed to maintain integrity and perspective throughout a long and successful career. Thirteen years ago, when I was a struggling assistant at Morgan Stanley, you helped me through some rough patches. For that, you'll have a friend for life. The critters and I wish you nothing but the very best!
- I hear Tony Dwyer has a picture of Daisy in his school gym locker.
- Is everyone waiting for the blow off rally to short?
- You see all these flickering ticks on your screen(s)? Take a good look -- cause everything will be different after 2:15.
- The news is always worst at the bottom and best at the top.
- I'll ask the question again: Does this rally end on a good CSCO report? It "lines up" for the "blow off" thesis (upside capitulation).
- I used to love color war at camp. Man, those were the days!
- S's over N's.
- Just be yourself, sir. No matter what happens, they can't take that away from you.
- Gold continues to act firm.
- Whatever happened to Amanda Grove?
- Have you ever gone white-water rafting?
- My grandfather addressed men as "sir" and I've picked up that trait from him.
- Devise a trading game plan BEFORE stepping onto the field.
- Fare ye well.
position in spy, dia, csco
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter