The N's over S's shuffle continues!
- Fokker had his gold vs. Dow chart all set up for Friday but there were technology issues in posting his charts. We're working on that now so please be patient -- we'll get it up as soon as possible.
- BKX 800 (past resistance) SHOULD act as support if the breakout is "real." With the group so extended, there's no guarantee that it is but, either way, it's a level to watch.
- 3M (MMM:NYSE) remains one of the most important tells for the tape.
- This past weekend put the "fun" in dysfunctional.
- The dollar continues to offer an excuse for profit taking and, chances are, will be assigned blame by the media should we trade lower.
- N's over S's.
- The bar manager at the Four Seasons told me that the NYC ban on smoking impacted his business more adversely than Sept. 11.
- As it stands, the breadth is (marginally) positive.
- Seen on a bumper sticker: Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken.
- Why do I view the upside as a game of musical chairs here? With the stochastics so "twisty," the downside could come at any time. That, in a nutshell, is why I'm trading with my current strategy. I'm attempting to make hay while the sun shines but set myself for when the storm hits.
- SOX 350 is a technical inflection point and the group has traded dry all day.
- The more I visit my brother, the more suburbia grows on me.
- As Minyanville grows, we'll be doing more "human interest" stories and, in time, my fellow Minyans (that would be you) will have a chance to share their experiences too! The feedback on Full Circle was -- in a word -- amazing. Thank you!
- What are good "stop" levels? That is subjective and depends on your style of trading and risk tolerance.
- I've had better months trading but I'm not sure I've ever felt as wealthy as I did this weekend.
- The Cisco (CSCO:Nasdaq) (expectation) "bar" has been raised as a function of this latest rally.
- Did I mention how important MMM is as a trading tell today?
- The diet starts today! (no, really)
- The Oakland A's scare me.
- Does this rally end on a GOOD CSCO report?
- Nothing worth anything comes easy.
- Maia and Bradley LOVE the critters. If you've got young kids runnin' around, make sure you check out the artwork at the Gallery!
- Happy Cinco De Mayo!
- Take a deep breath and relax your grip -- you just may find that the game is fun to play.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter