By Todd Harrison May 04, 2004 11:26 am
Oy vey is meir!
- I found Phoebe's cat dictionary. Every word in the book was "food."
- The most vicious downside legs of a trading move typically occur in oversold conditions. Please keep that in mind if you're planning a trip to Terrapin Station.
- Crude, up another deuce, is $39 / brl. But there's no inflation. Prolly bangs its keppe at $40 (first time)?
- Most of the sector stochastics are "crossing" and giving buy signals. Now please go back and read Random #2 again.
- "If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base." - Dave Barry
- It's National Teacher Appreciation Week. I've got it made, got it made, got it made....
- There are still some minxy (technical) comparisons to 1987 floating around.
- The semis are the most important sector but Citigroup (C:NYSE) is the most important stock.
- "My Mom said she learned how to swim when someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. I said, 'Mom, they weren't trying to teach you how to swim.' "- Paula Poundstone
- Please make sure you read Brian Reynolds' Elmer take.
- The retailers have been bound tighter than a prune since last summer.
- N's over S's (semis)
- The tape as you know it will drastically change at 2:15 today. Factor that into your game plan.
- Minyanville will never tell you what to do. We'll simply offer the information and education to allow you to make better decisions for yourself.
- SOX 450.
- John Hughes wrote the script for Sixteen Candles in two days. That's crazy.
- The biotechs, homies, retail and consumer non-durables are laggy while the semis, integrated oils and metals are dry.
- "Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my goodness.... I could be eating a slow learner." - Lynda Montgomery
- Cinco de Mayo manyana.
- Gold is up a finski and is eyeing the 200-day moving average ($394).
- Tick tock, Elmer, tick tock.
- "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." - Drew Carrey
- "Limited inventory and eternal demand were also reminiscent of the infinite potential in 1999, a condition that is more a symptom of the environment than a cause. There is no doubt that the roadside is littered with the bodies of those stepping in front of the housing train, but my right brain is picking up the frequency of a station far away and not heard since Christmas of 1999." Jeff DeGraff, the aptly named (and talented) technician from Lehman Brothers.
- I can get high. I'll bet you can Panama Red!
- I've got a new SPAM blocker--3,000 weekend emails will do that to you. As such, if I don't respond to an email, please keep in mind that there's a new I.T. sheriff in town.
- The personal stuff continues to weigh but the critters continue to play.
- When does crude...or Iraq...or housing...or debt...or derivatives...or complacency matter? I'll betcha it'll coincide with a lack (crisis?) of confidence with regard to a certain someone.
- Look at the Exxon Mobil (XOM:NYSE) chart.
- Styx never got the snaps they deserved.
- If you're pressing and guessing, take a step back. A dollar saved is a dollar earned.
- I can't believe Lappy actually got engaged. What the heck am I gonna write about in Randoms?
- Earn while ya learn!
- Wasabi Pulse Trading!
position in c
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter