- Was that a "double top" in the transports in the beginning of May?
- The horsies (big cap tech) act heavy despite the green seas. Rotation... or telling?
- I've been rooting for the Mavs in the west but ya gotta give it up for San Antonio. Steve Kerr reminded me of Gerry McNamara at 40!
- S&P 965 is on everybody's trading radar.
- I saw a mad rush to buy QQQ and SPY after the 10 a.m. economic numbers.
- S's over N's?
- Boo walked into the office this morning with a big smile on his puss. I can't decide if he found his honey bear, he's psyched for Fleck or he's got something up his sleeve.
- I'm watching the biotechs (BTK 460ish is where it 'failed' earlier this week), the financials (continue to impress), big cap tech (sluggish), our levels (too obvious or self-fulfilling?), breadth (smells good), the PLD's (Xilinx (XLNX:Nasdaq) and Altera (ALTR:Nasdaq)), the macro tells (gold's gettin' smoked) and Fokker. Ya always gotta keep an eye on Fokker!
- The best way I can describe Maine is that it's the other side of Carmel.
- Minyanheads among you, don't forget Dark Star Orchestra on Wednesday. We'll figure out where to meet next week.
- Traders are trying to "push 'em through" to the other side. New era... or false breakout? I'd fall in the camp of they "could" pop through BUT I don't think it's sustainable.
- Man, Syracuse took a thumpin' in the college lacrosse final four.
- Queen Casey, due to arrive in our Minyan offices shortly, returns to her West Coast digs tomorrow. I will miss her.
- Who IS that angel in wings?
- Has anybody ever seen Tony Dwyer and Neil Glassman in the same room at the same time?
- The pure semis act heavy while the semicaps act great.
- Is this the panic -- or do we need to poke through S&P 965 first?
- Hey Shrebby at Bear -- HERE'S YOUR SHOUT OUT! (if you're still at work)
- As a function of the lethargy in the big cap techs, I'm gonna slip a leg into the bear costume (25% conviction on the short side). I'll place a relatively tight stop above.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter