There sure have been a lot of call buyers!
- Meanwhile, at Del Boca Vista...
- There are alotta competing emotions regarding the war in Iraq but--removing emotion--the numbers must be factored into the economic mix at a point.
- Todd Harrison's Minyanville Presents: The Sixth Sense Part 2: I See Cartoon Critters
- Technical homework.
- No Fokker today as he's attending a funeral. Please pass along the critter condolences Greg.
- Alright--so the United States Treasury Secretary "unknowingly" held $10,000,000 worth of GSE debt? I don't care if he unknowingly held $10,000,000 worth of Butterfingers--that's a little bit disturbing, no?
- For what it's worth--and in the interest of sharing the trading process for educational purposes only--I took the trade on my silver position. It's been a hairy ride--from the $6.40's to $5.50 to $6.20--but it was traded effectively. Premature evacuation? Perhaps--and as my longer term desire to hold a non-dollar currency is as strong as ever, I'm sure that I'll be back.
- Fokker vs. Collins
- Sally Field never saw a better role than Smokey and the Bandit.
- The semis are (thus far) stallin' at the 200-day moving average (SOX 484).
- If I were as thin as this market, I'd be one happy camper.
- Are campers really happy?
- The retail sector acts pretty dry. Please keep an eye on RLX 400ish as it's a level.
- A sign posted in Germany's Black Forest: "It is strictly forbidden on our Black Forest camping site that people of different sex, for instance, men and women, live together in one tent unless they are married with each other for that purpose."
- I wonder who Carrie's PR agent is?
- When the Minx was gettin' beaten like a Boston based baseball squad, the "contrarian" view--backed up by historical data--was that we'll rally after the first rate cut. That view seems to have become universal now and I'm wonderin' if fadin' the fade's fade is the trade. Follow?
- Citigroup (C:NYSE).
- My three year old nephew Brad had his tonsils out yesterday. No cryin', no whinin', no fussin'...he actually woke up after the surgery, pointed to the tube in his arm and said "that's cool!" Ruby was surely there--thanks grandpa.
- This could explain why I love bananas so much.
- The Minyan Mountain Minglefest looks like its gonna happen into the weekend of August 20th. We'll have more details in the weeks to come (costs/speakers/venues/activities) but please circle those dates as it's gonna be special. THANK YOU Scott Reamer for all you've done--and tell Jackson that the critters are coming!
- I'll be sneakin' outa the 'Ville around lunchtime tomorrow and loading the critters into the caravan. We'll be nesting in Newport, Rhode Island for the weekend and I've already spoken to a faithful Minyan who wants to toss back an iced tea on Sunday. If anyone else is interested in a quick lil' Sunday 'fest in them thar parts, please lemme know.
- Crude--down 4%--is on the underside of $40 again. Remember, the S&P topped when oil traded through $35.
- Note to self: Grey geese and pommie 'ritas are NOT friends.
- We've got an energy Minyan rollin' towards the 'Ville....and a double secret surprise waiting in the wings. Remember, our goal has never been to add content for content's sake. Every professor is here for a reason and each must be unanimously voted in by the circle of trust.
- FRANKS AND BEANS!
- The biotechs have joined the Russell and the banks as "tells in the crypt" but NYSE, steady as she goes, is still 2:1 positive.
- For a slow holiday week, I sure am busy--sorry 'bout the lag in posts.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter