By Todd Harrison May 27, 2003 11:04 am
Stronger than a mule's breath!
- The biotech sector smacks of a "blow off" (final) rally. Watch BTK 460 as a potential upside resistance.
- If the biotechs are a leading indicator for tech, do the four-letter freaks need to follow suit?
- I've seen a sizable call buyers across the board and virtually no put buyers.
- Fokker gave Casey a bug last week and she's kindly passed it along to me. Thanks Fokker.
- The big cap drugs were under pressure again after losing a court challenge in Florida.
- The tailspin in the greenback continues.
- Snoop does a nice job illustrating our current juncture.
- Stop levels are subjective and depend on your individual risk profile.
- Are you in a postition to use prices to your advantage?
- I'm being told that the short base is about a 4 on a scale of 1-10.
- Watch the laggards of the last few weeks (General Electric (GE:NYSE), Microsoft (MSFT:Nasdaq), Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE)) to see if they play catch up continue to drag.
- The S&P is about to fill the gap from last Monday's opening.
- These next few sessions are important from a "lower high" vs. "higher high" perspective.
- What the heck is vim and vigor anyway?
- Will there be another summer swoon? I think so.
- I'm hearing alligator chatter but haven't found footprints yet.
- Hope isn't a viable investment vehicle.
- Know why you put risk on and never post-rationalize.
- Maine is beautiful. I was sick as a dog and in bed most of the time but it's a great state. A big Minyan thanks to U.B. and Gisela!
- I'm getting some serious deja vu vibes from this tape.
- The next resistance levels are S&P 950ish and NDX 1170ish.
- While I was on a "soup run" in Maine, the clerk behind the counter was complaining to me that she was stressed out and needed a vacation. I looked at her and said, "What happened, did your pen run out of ink?"
- Is this month-end related?
- We'll be making some announcements regarding the University shortly. Thank you for your patience in that regard.
- The oil service names have been on a tear.
- I know -- it's no surprise I've got the flu, I've been cold for two months!
- The last time the VXN was this low was July 1998.
position in spx
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter