Stronger than a mule's breath!
- The biotech sector smacks of a "blow off" (final) rally. Watch BTK 460 as a potential upside resistance.
- If the biotechs are a leading indicator for tech, do the four-letter freaks need to follow suit?
- I've seen a sizable call buyers across the board and virtually no put buyers.
- Fokker gave Casey a bug last week and she's kindly passed it along to me. Thanks Fokker.
- The big cap drugs were under pressure again after losing a court challenge in Florida.
- The tailspin in the greenback continues.
- Snoop does a nice job illustrating our current juncture.
- Stop levels are subjective and depend on your individual risk profile.
- Are you in a postition to use prices to your advantage?
- I'm being told that the short base is about a 4 on a scale of 1-10.
- Watch the laggards of the last few weeks (General Electric (GE:NYSE), Microsoft (MSFT:Nasdaq), Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE)) to see if they play catch up continue to drag.
- The S&P is about to fill the gap from last Monday's opening.
- These next few sessions are important from a "lower high" vs. "higher high" perspective.
- What the heck is vim and vigor anyway?
- Will there be another summer swoon? I think so.
- I'm hearing alligator chatter but haven't found footprints yet.
- Hope isn't a viable investment vehicle.
- Know why you put risk on and never post-rationalize.
- Maine is beautiful. I was sick as a dog and in bed most of the time but it's a great state. A big Minyan thanks to U.B. and Gisela!
- I'm getting some serious deja vu vibes from this tape.
- The next resistance levels are S&P 950ish and NDX 1170ish.
- While I was on a "soup run" in Maine, the clerk behind the counter was complaining to me that she was stressed out and needed a vacation. I looked at her and said, "What happened, did your pen run out of ink?"
- Is this month-end related?
- We'll be making some announcements regarding the University shortly. Thank you for your patience in that regard.
- The oil service names have been on a tear.
- I know -- it's no surprise I've got the flu, I've been cold for two months!
- The last time the VXN was this low was July 1998.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter