- Adriana--SEE YA!
- Is this 1994? No, it's 2004...and I'll maintain that the war & the bubble make this period unique. That's been my main beef with all of these historical comparisons--we're coming out of the biggest financial bubble in history. Does it really make intuitive sense that we'll follow the mold, er, script?
- It's uber-quiet. Bearish tell (lower volume rally attempts) or seasonal sniffles?
- I prefer July options to June. Why? June 30 is Elmer's Zoo and the Iraqi handoff.
- Optimism still abounds.
- With the exception of a brief blip higher (the head?), the QQQ has been shouldering along at the same price since October.
- Three generations of Minyans! Congrats to Sol, Dan and mini-Minyan Benjamin on the new addition!
- There are more people in China who speak English than there are in the United States.
- I still feel that the ultimate unraveling of financial markets will be triggered by a crisis of confidence.
- Too many barbies, not enough shrimp.
- I had a very nice sit down with Dr. Marc Faber on Friday. No promises--but I believe that there's a good shot at him writing an occasional column for the 'Ville. Boo has already dusted off a seat!
- Hope isn't a viable investment vehicle on the short side either.
- Kerry Collins...Greg Collins...vodka Collins!
- Alligator ARMS!
- Other than humans, pigs are the only animals that can get sunburn
- Speaking of which...I am officially back on my diet. Between the back pain and the stomach gain, I feel like an old man. It's time to take matters--rather than food--into my own hands! My mantra? Ten less by 35!
- To quote my pal (and uber-technical analyst) John Roque: "Strong stocks and markets bounce quickly off of support. The inability of the S&P to bounce, so far, off its 200-day moving average is a concern."
- In the city--of L.A. In the city--of Watts. In the city of Compton (city of Compton) we keep on rockin'...we keep on rockin'.
- Carrie is sniffin' at her corsage.
- The word "checkmate" in chess comes from the Persian phrase "Shah Mat, "which means "the king is dead."
- Fear vs. Fear. Be very sure that before you begin discussing the levels of angst in the market, you qualify it with a time frame. I'm fairly certain that we're a WAYS away from genuine longer-term fear.
- I'm diggin' the Iron Horse and his new fear measure.
- It's lookin' like the weekend of August 21st for the Minyan Mountain Minglefest and although we don't have anything "set" yet, circle that date. I think that this will be an awesome time and allow the Minyan family to vibe with one another.
- Citigroup (C:NYSE) just ticked red for the first time today.
- Happy birthday Bob Dylan!
- Dubya is tawkin' tonight--be on the lookout for pre-speech posturing.
- Amazing--the clock ticks 12:30 and the "Randoms???" instant messages start popping up.
- I'm quickly earning a reputation as Maia's silly uncle.
- Crude up 5.55%. This was widely recognized as one of the rally catalysts this morning.
- Breadth still smells a'right, though, with two winners greeting each loser on the NYSE.
- Why does asparagus...you know..."smell" like it does?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter