What are the chances of this slithery tape staying in this range all week?
- Traders who pressed Home Depot (HD:NYSE) on the Lowe's (LOW:NYSE) earnings got squeezed. Traders who bought Lowe's on Home Depot's earnings got spanked. Minxy!
- The PPH (Pharmaceutical HOLDRs) would have broken a triple top at 80 but never confirmed the signal. As Jack Skiba used to say when referring to Dorsey Wright analysis, "Never anticipate the anticipator!"
- The dollar is (yawn) starting to slip again.
- Did you know Fokker was the editor of his high school newspaper? Maybe that's why he still hangs around the local high schools so much.
- While my favorite vacations typically involve some hiking and mountain biking in Zona, I'm excited to visit Maine for the first time.
- If I had my druthers, I'd be somewhere between "less filling" and "tastes great."
- Is there any wonder why there's a perceived shelf-life among traders?
- Lock Casey and I in a room for few hours and good things always happen. Can you imagine what five days is gonna produce?
- I think they should enter Osama Bin Laden into this year's Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- How many of you yawned when reading the dollar blurb above?
- Setting stops removes emotional variance.
- Can you imagine how many random thoughts I've written this year? Makes for good bathroom reading, no?
- Did you know that Morgan Freeman started out as a soap opera actor?
- When does the blood-letting end in big-cap pharma?
- There's chatter of a surprise Elmer snip out there.
- I've used this before but it's still funny: How come as we get older, it's easier to lose money and harder to lose weight? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
- Emma Kahn. Emma Kahn. Emma Kahn, lemme love you, lemme rock you Emma Kahn, let me love you. that's all I wanna do, Emma Kahn.
- Arugala. It's a veg-e-table.
- Did I mention that Syracuse is in the Lacrosse final four?
- WHY can't In-and-Out burger have stores in New York? I lived on double doubles and strawberry shakes in high school.
- If you believe in the double-D thesis (debt/derivatives) or the dreaded triple-D thesis (debt/derivatives/deflation), Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) is the natural proxy.
- A whole heckuva lotta Minyan white light is being sent to Jackson Reamer.
- It's not a bike, it's a chopper baby.
- The S&P 920-925 band is tighter than my pants -- and they're fairly snug!
- Serendipity 3 remains my all-time favorite lunch venue.
- I can't believe it's summer already. Oh Sandy!
- The action in gold and the dollar paints an ominous picture for equities. It may not be today's business (there's still the up/DOWN potential) but it's something to monitor. After all, if (when) we spill, the media will make it seem obvious.
- I love my country with all my heart but I've become jaded by the political process.
- Why does chocolate frosting need cake in the first place?
- Kohl's (KSS:NYSE), Boeing (BA:NYSE), UTStarcom (UTSI:Nasdaq), Boston Scientific (BSX:NYSE), Target (TGT:NYSE), VeriSign (VRSN:Nasdaq) and Veritas (VRTS:Nasdaq) are all having analyst or shareholder meetings tomorrow.
- I was talking to my friend Mike Cahill yesterday about the stressful steps we take each day. He said something very simple: If Bill Meehan walked into your office and could say one thing to you, what would it be? I knew the answer. "Be happy, you swine, and enjoy every moment you have on this earth."
- Has anybody seen Tony "Hair" Dwyer? (He's gonna kill me for that one!)
- Tick tock.
- Swammi? Slippy? Slappy? Swenson? Swanson? Oh yeah, here it is... Samsonite!
- Ah, what the heck... it's my last day of the week. A free Minyanville FLEECE to the first person who emails firstname.lastname@example.org with the answer to the following question: How many professional (U.S.) sports franchises DON'T end with the letter "s"?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter