Good luck Minyans!
- Alan Greenspan's wallpaper?
- We saw a pretty meaty print in United Healthcare (UNH) yesterday that immediately reminded me of the early March Exxon Mobil print that ushered in a prolonged rotation away from the group.
- Turn that frown upside down!
- I chronicled a trade attempt yesterday that didn't work out as planned. While it's certainly frustrating, I'm hopeful that the process continues to add value to the Minyanville experience.
- Looking ahead (while enjoying the moment), Hoofy is hopeful that a few dynamics evolve. If psychology can embrace the notion of this rally, the bulls will look for a long squeeze (buyers are higher) into the thin holiday weeks. I certainly don't sense a runaway train but you always wanna see the entire spectrum of potential return.
- Denial, migration or panic?
- If we ever build Minyanworld Amusement Park, we'll have our own rendition of Fantasyland. There will be no inflation, buoyant markets, honest central bank communication and harmony across borders.
- Pass the Buck. Quick!
- Is expiration exacerbating the upside action? Quite possible-we know the "meat" typically comes down the pipe the week of (rather than on the actual) expirations.
- We don't "do" politics in the 'Ville unless they have implications for the flickering ticks. As we're edging through a very delicate dance with denial, however, we must keep our eyes wide open for potential unrest.
- Elmer was chirping on the GSE's this morning and offered that implied guarantees create a systematic risk. He also opined that Congress must limit Aunt Fannie's (FNM) and Uncle Freddie's (FRE) portfolios and that the U.S. is "highly dependent" on GSE risk managers who must "do everything right."
- A quick morning sniff finds the dollar grabbin' some green back (+35 bips), fluxy metals, marginally green bourses and a jiggy Snapper in Asia. NKY 11,200 is the top end of the "churn range" (under resistance) for the tricky Nikkei.
- The poster child for staying single.
- Minyan Housekeeping:
• We're moving MVHQ this weekend as we expand the critter mission and build upon our dream.
• We will officially welcome our new Managing Editor to the 'Ville next week. (You're gonna be psyched!)
• We will have details on Minyans in the Mountains II any day now as we usher this puppy outa the gate.
• We will continue to "keep you up" as we build the 'Ville brick by brick. The purpose of the journey is the journey itself and we very much wanna share it with ye faithful.
- How can you not think 'bust'?
- Why don't cannibals eat clowns? Because they taste funny!
- Pirates of the Caribbean?
- Do you wanna chill in the 'Ville for free? How about attending Minyans in the Mountains II as our guest? Mr. Fish has set up a snazzy new "Recruit a Minyan" program that'll reward Minyans for their kind vibe. Please take five minutes and help us build the critter dream!
- Enjoy your journey today.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter