By Todd Harrison May 17, 2004 12:30 pm
This business is hard enough WITH functioning screens!
- Sometimes ya just gotta laugh. I have sysiphusystems!
- Is it me or are the "no credit? no problem!" commercials getting loud and louder.
- Crude is the highest level since my Bar Mitzvah? Oy vey!
- Barkeep, another round!
- Speaking of oil, does the front page of the Sunday NYT qualify as a legitimate kabash (short-term top)?
- Industrial production minus consumption equals capacity (inventory).
- Armon Gilliam?
- Who's gonna buoy corporate America when (if) the government stops spending? Stim-u-less?
- The stock market is the world's largest thermometer. You can be absolutely certain that fact isn't lost on either side of the Atlantic.
- Breathe, Toddo, breathe.
- These metals swing more than a Hedonism vacation.
- Intervention acts as a crutch. It doesn't, however, fix the broken bone (regardless of how large or coordinated the crutch is).
- I had a spirited dinner with Fleck, Succo and Boo on Friday night. We discussed the minxy destination (unanimous) and the path that we'll take to get there (divided). There was also a rather interesting debate regarding the invisible hand--and while I didn't participate, I gladly planted the seed and pulled up a chair.
- If I were to rank the current trading metrics, I would list Carrie (structural) as the prom queen, psychology (fragile) a close second, technicals (because confused traders are migrating to them) third and fundies (rear-view) bringing up the literal rear.
- With the catalyst radar relatively quiet into Memorial Day, the Minx is at the mercy of the collective mood swings.
- Traders are spinning the fact that the Army found (a singular artillery round filled with) Sarin as "bullish justification." How do you spin nerve gas as bullish? What about the safety of our troops?
- More currency fodder!
- What the heck is going on with the Sopranos?
- Please keep in mind that there's a ton of negative gamma heading into Friday's expiration. That means the highs will be higher and the lows will be lower. If the Minx is flat--hypothetically speaking, of course--there would be an upward bias into the close each session (through Thursday).
position in silver, qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter