This business is hard enough WITH functioning screens!
- Sometimes ya just gotta laugh. I have sysiphusystems!
- Is it me or are the "no credit? no problem!" commercials getting loud and louder.
- Crude is the highest level since my Bar Mitzvah? Oy vey!
- Barkeep, another round!
- Speaking of oil, does the front page of the Sunday NYT qualify as a legitimate kabash (short-term top)?
- Industrial production minus consumption equals capacity (inventory).
- Armon Gilliam?
- Who's gonna buoy corporate America when (if) the government stops spending? Stim-u-less?
- The stock market is the world's largest thermometer. You can be absolutely certain that fact isn't lost on either side of the Atlantic.
- Breathe, Toddo, breathe.
- These metals swing more than a Hedonism vacation.
- Intervention acts as a crutch. It doesn't, however, fix the broken bone (regardless of how large or coordinated the crutch is).
- I had a spirited dinner with Fleck, Succo and Boo on Friday night. We discussed the minxy destination (unanimous) and the path that we'll take to get there (divided). There was also a rather interesting debate regarding the invisible hand--and while I didn't participate, I gladly planted the seed and pulled up a chair.
- If I were to rank the current trading metrics, I would list Carrie (structural) as the prom queen, psychology (fragile) a close second, technicals (because confused traders are migrating to them) third and fundies (rear-view) bringing up the literal rear.
- With the catalyst radar relatively quiet into Memorial Day, the Minx is at the mercy of the collective mood swings.
- Traders are spinning the fact that the Army found (a singular artillery round filled with) Sarin as "bullish justification." How do you spin nerve gas as bullish? What about the safety of our troops?
- More currency fodder!
- What the heck is going on with the Sopranos?
- Please keep in mind that there's a ton of negative gamma heading into Friday's expiration. That means the highs will be higher and the lows will be lower. If the Minx is flat--hypothetically speaking, of course--there would be an upward bias into the close each session (through Thursday).
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter