Remember to await that elusive edge!
- The retailers act like pooh... again. Watch Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE) (led them down) as the tell in that complex.
- The bond action smells like there's some serious blood on the streets. If (big if) there is an "issue" out there, the financials are the intuitive short. I'm involved -- this you know -- just thinking out loud.
- My cheapie upside front-month QQQ hedge enables me to better use prices to my advantage (and build "out month" puts into strength).
- Fokker Kahn. Fokker Kahn. Fokker Kahn lemme love you lemme rock you Fokker Kahn, lemme love you that's all I wanna do. Fokker Kahn.
- Condolences to the family of Knicks great Dave DeBusschere. A little Minyan trivia for you: When the "Big D" pitched for the Chicago White Sox, they had to decide between him and "another guy" for the last spot on the 40-man roster. They chose the Big D and released the "other guy" on waivers. Two years later, DeBusschere opted for hoops and the "other guy" made quite a name for himself. Who was it? First right answer to survey@Minyanville.com gets to sport a free Minyanville tee into the summer! (Thanks to Hawaiian Minyan Barry Finkenberg)
- Watch IBM (IBM:NYSE) and Intel (INTC:Nasdaq) as a tech trading tell today.
- The Philly Fed is due out at noon (exp. -3) and the NAHB Housing Market Index is due out at 1 p.m. (exp. 54). The CPI (exp -.1%, ex food/energy .1%), Housing Starts (exp. 1740k), Building Permits (exp. 1700k) and the Wolverine Sentiment Index (exp. 87) will be released tomorrow.
- I'm planning on a spending at least one weekend this summer in Vermont.
- The breadth, while well off its best levels, is hangin' positive.
- Dell (DELL:Nasdaq) and Kohl's (KSS:NYSE) report after the close tonight, Dillard's (DDS:NYSE) reports before tomorrow's opening.
- Have a question you'd like answered on the site? Send your Minyan Mailbag queries to Charlotte-Anne by the end of today's session!
- Patience is a trading virtue.
- Dark Star Orchestra is coming to Irving Plaza.
- Traders were telling me last week that the bid in the Internet space was a function of a "short Internet" fund going under. I obviously can't confirm and I clearly should have passed it along then but I forgot. Sorry.
- I would take Carmello over LeBron. Why? Too much LeBron hype and he hasn't demonstrated a consistent maturity.
- Gyros are underrated.
- The intramarket rotation continues and, if we do our jobs correctly, that should provide us with an opportunity to rotate our risk as well.
- Personally, I like the new Applemusic.com commercials... as long as they don't overplay them.
- Either I have a serious spam issue or my ex-girlfriends are trying to tell me something!
- Remember that vacation I so desperately needed a month ago? Still need it.
- Brocade (BRCD:Nasdaq) down 15%. Wow.
- Chilly Willy the Penguin was a cool cartoon. Get it?
- A gazillion economic numbers and a truckload of gamma... and the market is flat. Ya gotta smile!
- Do I WANT my big-picture thesis to unfold? No. You can't always get what you want, however, but if you try sometimes, you just might find that you get what you need.
- I remember watching the Miracle On Ice in 1980. Can you believe that was 23 years ago?
- Expiration is surely impacting the price action.
- Why did the markets rally as sharply as they did? In a word? Bush.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter