- People on ludes should not fly!
- You think a gallon of gas is expensive? How 'bout these apples: Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 = $10.32 per gallon, Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35=$178.13 per gallon, Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85=$123.20 per gallon, Whiteout 7 oz $1.39=$25.42 per gallon, Scope 1.5 oz $0.99=$84.48 per gallon, Evian water 9 oz $1.49=.$21.19 per gallon. Yeesh!
- But there's no inflation.
- If the semis were a crowded short coming into today, I would hate to see the price action if they were a crowded long!
- Energy--both the drillers and fillers--are beneficiaries of today's rotation.
- From now on, we'll be known as the 'Ville. Not Minyanville. Just 'the 'Ville'.
- This pretty much sums up the bear case. Please take the time to read this article even if you're a ragin' cajun' bull--you always wanna see both sides of every trade (even if it scares the sprinkles outa ya).
- The financials are today's forbidden fruit.
- If you're not Buzzin', you're missin' some of the best that Minyanville has to offer.
- Watch for "stops" below S&P 1080 and NDX 1380.
- Oil of oy vey.
- Mr. Beeks will swing by for a busy breakfast meeting tomorrow and chat up the PPI (exp. .3%, ex-chow/fuel .2%), advanced retail sales (exp. -.2%, ex-cars -.1%), initial jobless claims (exp. 325k) and continuing claims (exp. 2900k).
- Not to be outdone or overshadowed, Michael Dell (DELL:NASD) will take center stage and announce earnings after tomorrow's close. Back-up singers will include Analog Devices (ADI:NYSE), BEA Systems (BEAS:NASD) and Kohl's (KSS:NYSE).
- "At the President's stop in Ohio, 5,000 people gathered to cheer his record on jobs. Then they all flew back to India." -Craig Kilborn
- Wookin pa' nub?
- There is no way to tip toe around the disturbing geopolitical developments nor is it easy to quantify their financial (or human) impact. After watching 9/11 unfold before my eyes, I am admittedly sensitive to the specter of terror and retaliation. With that said, I have been giving some serious thought to getting out of dodge and moving to a city that doesn't have a bullseye on its back. Scary stuff--but that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't discuss it.
- It always feels good to speak your mind.
- When is the last time we used the term "diaper effect" when discussing the price action?
- I'm petitioning for a summer wardrobe for Daisy. Tennis anyone?
- Latin America is feeling the heat again. Brazil is down 2.5% and Argentina is 4% to the bad.
- Imagine how nice it would be to have a job that doesn't require sitting in front of a screen all day?
- The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education remains my proudest accomplishment.
- It's not about the fundies brah, it's structural.
- Rosa Flecksicana!
- Prayers to Jackson Reamer.
- The longer stochastics twist, the more powerful the move once they uncoil. You can look at that statement two ways. Got it?
- If you have a question for the Minyan Mailbag, send it on in! We welcome interaction and want to further the educational process.
- They call him Herb.
- It's a "Ta-zer"
- The newest of the new Swein stream has just hit the Minyanville Elementary School! If you've got Mini-Minyans at home, please treat them to the rhythmic prose of Minyanville's favorite school teacher.
- I always like to fiddle with the time frames on my charts to gain perspective.
- The S&P 200-day is 1078 (there now).
- Dear Football Gods, please see to it that Maurice Clarrett ends up in the Raider Nation.
- S's over N's.
- Snapper stew...or Snapper stewing?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter