By Todd Harrison May 12, 2004 11:37 am
- People on ludes should not fly!
- You think a gallon of gas is expensive? How 'bout these apples: Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 = $10.32 per gallon, Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35=$178.13 per gallon, Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85=$123.20 per gallon, Whiteout 7 oz $1.39=$25.42 per gallon, Scope 1.5 oz $0.99=$84.48 per gallon, Evian water 9 oz $1.49=.$21.19 per gallon. Yeesh!
- But there's no inflation.
- If the semis were a crowded short coming into today, I would hate to see the price action if they were a crowded long!
- Energy--both the drillers and fillers--are beneficiaries of today's rotation.
- From now on, we'll be known as the 'Ville. Not Minyanville. Just 'the 'Ville'.
- This pretty much sums up the bear case. Please take the time to read this article even if you're a ragin' cajun' bull--you always wanna see both sides of every trade (even if it scares the sprinkles outa ya).
- The financials are today's forbidden fruit.
- If you're not Buzzin', you're missin' some of the best that Minyanville has to offer.
- Watch for "stops" below S&P 1080 and NDX 1380.
- Oil of oy vey.
- Mr. Beeks will swing by for a busy breakfast meeting tomorrow and chat up the PPI (exp. .3%, ex-chow/fuel .2%), advanced retail sales (exp. -.2%, ex-cars -.1%), initial jobless claims (exp. 325k) and continuing claims (exp. 2900k).
- Not to be outdone or overshadowed, Michael Dell (DELL:NASD) will take center stage and announce earnings after tomorrow's close. Back-up singers will include Analog Devices (ADI:NYSE), BEA Systems (BEAS:NASD) and Kohl's (KSS:NYSE).
- "At the President's stop in Ohio, 5,000 people gathered to cheer his record on jobs. Then they all flew back to India." -Craig Kilborn
- Wookin pa' nub?
- There is no way to tip toe around the disturbing geopolitical developments nor is it easy to quantify their financial (or human) impact. After watching 9/11 unfold before my eyes, I am admittedly sensitive to the specter of terror and retaliation. With that said, I have been giving some serious thought to getting out of dodge and moving to a city that doesn't have a bullseye on its back. Scary stuff--but that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't discuss it.
- It always feels good to speak your mind.
- When is the last time we used the term "diaper effect" when discussing the price action?
- I'm petitioning for a summer wardrobe for Daisy. Tennis anyone?
- Latin America is feeling the heat again. Brazil is down 2.5% and Argentina is 4% to the bad.
- Imagine how nice it would be to have a job that doesn't require sitting in front of a screen all day?
- The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education remains my proudest accomplishment.
- It's not about the fundies brah, it's structural.
- Rosa Flecksicana!
- Prayers to Jackson Reamer.
- The longer stochastics twist, the more powerful the move once they uncoil. You can look at that statement two ways. Got it?
- If you have a question for the Minyan Mailbag, send it on in! We welcome interaction and want to further the educational process.
- They call him Herb.
- It's a "Ta-zer"
- The newest of the new Swein stream has just hit the Minyanville Elementary School! If you've got Mini-Minyans at home, please treat them to the rhythmic prose of Minyanville's favorite school teacher.
- I always like to fiddle with the time frames on my charts to gain perspective.
- The S&P 200-day is 1078 (there now).
- Dear Football Gods, please see to it that Maurice Clarrett ends up in the Raider Nation.
- S's over N's.
- Snapper stew...or Snapper stewing?
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter