On my signal...
- Some of my (defined risk) upside rentals are in the consumer (multinational) non-durables. I've admittedly got a quick trigger finger on 'em but that's a function of my big-picture bent more than anything else.
- Scenario three in this morning's opener is more of a "further than anyone expected bear market rally" rather than a "new bull market" rally.
- Most traders I speak with feel that expiration will buoy (or exacerbate) the upside. I understand their thinking (the front month protection will provide an underlying bid) but wanted to point out the "consensus trade."
- A lot of hedgies are "buying into" the technology and banking conferences that begin this week.
- Snaps to cousin Jake on stepping up Saturday and becoming a man. I could feel Ruby's pride smiling from above.
- The NYSE breadth has edged towards a 2:1 positive reading.
- Patience brings price and opportunity. Identify an actionable time frame and make sure your risk profile is an extension of that.
- So. So what? So tell me... What 1986 flick's main characters were named Danny and Debbie? The first right answer sent to mailto:email@example.com gets a kickin' Minyanville tee!
- Do you love what you do for a living?
- Does the tape conceivably "have room" on the upside? Yeah, the blow off potential is still there. Boo and I are lickin' our chops, though, and scanning for the right instruments. There's no fear in Mudville, friends. Stay sharp.
- Yes, Mom, I omitted the multiple knee surgeries, the screen door finger slice and many other "situations" but I think the Minyans got the picture!
- Cisco (CSCO:Nasdaq) feels like it caught a lot of traders leaning the wrong way.
- Europe has rebounded off its worst levels and is plus/minus
- Who's right in the derivative debate? My money is (literally) on our own guitar signing Mr. Buffett. I think Elmer is painting himself into a painful corner and it's only a matter of time before POOF!
- The best fades are the toughest fades.
- I don't have any May paper on. It's all June and beyond.
- I saw the X-Men last night and, despite not seeing the first one, it was entertaining. Come to think of it, Fokker kinda looks like a young Wolverine.
- The older I get, the more I "see" the manipulative ways of the world. It's sad, really... kinda like a lost innocence.
- I keep hearing the Carly Simon tune in my head. "Capitulation. Ca-pit-u-la-a-tion is making me wait..."
- Microsoft (MSFT:Nasdaq) is not participating. That's the definition of a "heavy" stock and if (big if) we turn lower today, that'll be a name I look at for a quick downside schnitz.
- While I'm not adding my arm to the bear costume yet, I'm getting a laundry list together for when I do. Maybe I'm dead wrong but I think that when this ends, it's gonna be fugly.
- Timing, William Wallace, timing.
- Jim Grant on television. Hey, he signed the guitar too!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter